Christmas Time And Curses

A/N: guys I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to update, I've written a longer chapter to try and make up for that.
Trigger warning: there are mild references to child abuse, I don't condone any abuse, child or adult, but it is a factor in my story, read at your own discretion if you feel you may be upset or offended by anything written.
Much love, Drom 💖😘

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd persons PoV

In the run up to Christmas the group of friends made the flat more festive, garlands and paper snowflakes hung from the ceiling all around the flat, (Mione insisted on doing it the muggle way) the tree went up in the living room decorated with all the house colours, because Christmas was nothing if not to celebrate with your friends and family, which the students had found became an appropriate term for their rather unusual group. Photos were taken of harry wrapped in tinsel and eating the popcorn of the garlands Luna and Hermione had spent the best part of two hours making, of the teens laughing and smiling; genuinely happy as the festive spirit infected them.

Harry was the one to put the star on top of the tree, with Draco holding him up and Pansy capturing a picture of the two who were smiling so hard its a wonder their cheeks didn't hurt, Draco staring up at the small boy with love and adoration in his eyes couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have 16 year old harry in his arms.

With the room fully decorated and the Christmas break soon upon them the unconventional family unit decided to finish their gift shopping, having agreed that because it was little Harry's first and last Christmas with them they were going to spoil him rotten with presents for toddler and teen.

Draco only had a couple of people left to buy for aside from Harry so when the group reached Hogsmeade the two boys and Ginny, who needed to get Blaise a gift still, headed to complete their shopping lists.

Draco found a gift for Neville fairly easily; a book on dark plants, the ones they aren't taught about in herbology lessons. Luna was another matter, he was clueless on what to get the strange blonde he had grown to love, he wandered from shop to shop, from street to street until he laid eyes on an uncut opal ring that he thought was quintessentially Luna. Having completed his shopping for his friends and sending some owl orders to the wizarding toy shop and quality quidditch supplies in Diagon Alley for a few of Harry's gifts to go along with the three already shrunken down bags draco had placed in his pockets, he may have been going overboard but he wanted the little boy to have happy memories that both of their childhoods lacked, so he really didn't care; besides it wasn't his money that was being spent so what was it to him.

After helping Ginny pick some new dragonhide trousers, a couple of books on arithmancy and divination and an assortment of candy from Honeydukes for Blaise they were ready to meet back at the three broomsticks for a warm mug of Butterbeer and something to eat with all their friends before heading back to the flat to crash in exhaustion, putting the bags of gifts somewhere Harry couldn't reach them to peek at his gifts and spoil the surprise.

"Well that was fun, I can't believe its almost Christmas." The blond sighed as he dropped onto one of the sofas next to Blaise and Neville.

"To think come January Harry won't be a toddler anymore, he'll have had the potion Sev's brewing to age him back up. He'll probably never talk to us again" the Italian boy pointed out with a sigh, a frown upon his face at the thought of not having the tiny tot around anymore.

Nobody noticed the small boy come back from the playroom with his dragon stuffie. Nobody realised that he had heard what Blaise had said.

"I don' wanna go back! I wan' stay wiv' Dwaco! He mine! No take me 'way!" The four year old screamed with tears streaming down his chubby cheeks, "he mine, he my Dwaco! I no go! I no take dat stupid poshun!" The toddler continued to scream and cry until he was red in the face and had snot running from his nose due to his hysterics.