7

I go through the school day getting strange looks from people. By the time lunch rolls around, I have a massive headache. Viviann looks at me as I throw my bag on the floor and plop down on the lunch table's bench seat. I put my head down and Viviann rubs my back. She's sitting next to her soon to be boyfriend, Jacob Burnes.

            Jacob is the kind of guy who you'd call a man whore. But Viviann's got him wrapped around her pretty little finger. He's tall, maybe 6'0, and has floppy blond hair long enough for a man bun. He's muscular, but he has to be, he's the football team's punter, not that that's a huge accomplishment. Viviann has been in love with him forever but would never admit it.

             Next to him is his sister, Brianna Burnes. She looks a lot like him, she has short blonde hair that she dyed red and they both have bright sea green eyes. She's a little taller than me, about 5'8 but she wears heels nearly every day making her about 6'0 like her brother.

             "You ok Steph?" Viviann asked. I look up at her and give her a look then put my head back down. After a moment she goes back to talking to Jacob and Brianna.

              I feel the table move and hear a deep voice start speaking, "Is this seat taken?" I immediately start to freak out as I recognize who that voice belongs to. To my horror, Viviann tells him to sit down. I move my head just enough to glare at her then I grab my bag and leave.

              I walk into the nearest bathroom to freak without looking like a fool. Brianna walks in not long after.

              "Babes," she says while sitting on the sink, crossing her long legs covered in ripped black skinny jeans, "You can't run away from him forever. You're tougher than that, I know it."

              I smirk at her, "Oh so I can't run away from the man of my dreams but you can hide from the woman of yours?"

             She laughs, "You've got me there, but I know Mark is into you. Trust me."

             Mark Lanigan, definition of tall dark and handsome. Standing at about 5'10, he has brown hair that he keeps longer on top than on the sides but out of his face, piercing grey eyes that could convince you the sky was purple, and enough muscle to tell he hit the gym.

            "Hey," I realize Brianna has been snapping at me to get my attention, "Ya zoned out there dumbo, and by the look on your face I'd say you were thinking about him." She raises her pierced eyebrow at me and smirks.

             "Asshole." she laughs, hops off the sink, and turns around to fix her hair.

             "I asked him to join us by the way, he's totally in love with you"

              I gasp at her, "No way."

               "Yes way," she applies more lip gloss and then throws it in her purse, "Now come on ya big baby, he doesn't have to sit next to you, just dont make an ass out of yourself."

                "I hate you." I laugh and so does she.

                 "No you don't." And she knows she's right too.