13

On the ride home, I think over the whole night and how it turned out. I smile randomly thinking over parts of our conversations, and as we get closer to Viviann's house I wish the night didn't have to end. I ask Mark to pull over, and when he does I ask if I can drive.

          Surprisingly he agrees, and I drive us to the spot Viviann's parents used to take us camping. It's a spot on a small mountain that overlooks the city, and it's pretty during the day, but absolutely beautiful at night. I park in one of the spaces just off to the side of the trails.

          "What is this place?" Mark asks me as I run over to a ledge and sit so my legs hang over the side, the perfect place to view the city.

          "This is my peace place, it's where mom and dad used to take us camping and hiking, but I only ever came because of the view." He sits down next to me and we stay there in silence for a bit.

          After a while we finally leave and he drives us back to Viviann's house. When we arrive and get off his motorcycle,  and he hugs me. We stay like that for a while before finally heading inside. Trinitee and Al greet us at the door and when he leaves they start asking me what all we did and I tell them all about it.

          When they stop questioning me and go to bed, I go up to Viviann's room. She's in the shower, so I change into my pajamas and lay in bed. My phone pings:

          I just wanted to let you know that I got home safe. :)

          I smile at Mark's message and start typing back.

          I'm happy to hear that, I had a really good time with you tonight

          I did too, i had a lot of fun, but I think Onyx and I are gonna go to bed, she's already all curled up there

          Sleep well, give Onyx a hug for me :)

          Goodnight Stephanie, I'll talk to you tomorrow, and dont worry, I will :)

          Goodnight Mark, sleep well, both of you

          I set my phone down next to me and Viviann walks in the room.

          "Hey babe." She squeals and sits on the bed next to me.

          "I want all the details!" I laugh and start to tell her everything, she sits quietly and listens. When I finish she exhales like she's been holding her breath.

          "You went to his house? You took him to the peace spot? You guys both confessed? YOU DROVE??" I laugh at her and nod.

          "Believe it or not I've driven before, I just don't like cars."

          "And a motorcycle is safer how?"

          "I dont really know, he just made me feel like I could do it."

          "I like the side of you he brings out, I'm proud of you!" She hugs me and we giggle.

          "It's almost two in the morning, we should go to bed." She nods and we both lay down to go to sleep.