14

Apologies to anyone who's squeamish, this nightmare has to do with an attempt on Stephanie's life, again, not necessary, but it gives her background a bit more.
~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~○~

I was laying on the floor in my room, blasting music, I'm not even sure what song is playing anymore. My arm hurts, why does my arm hurt? I look over and see blood on my wrist. Shit. I'm only vaguely aware of my surroundings, I know I should call an ambulance, but who would care? I close my eyes, sleep would feel so good right now... I slowly drift off, until I hear voices near me, I hear a loud bang but I don't want to open my eyes. Soon the voices surround me and I'm being picked up. I blackout.

When I open my eyes I see bright lights, I hear beeping nearby, and I feel a sharp pain in my right wrist. I look around, everything is blurry and my head hurts. I close my eyes again just as someone comes in the room, I hear Viviann's voice saying something, then a man's voice that I don't know. I try and focus on them but that makes my head hurt more, so I slowly drift off the sleep again.

I wake up in pain, my arm, my hands, my head, but I hear someone, Viviann? Yell "she's awake!" And soon I'm surrounded by people. I was told that shortly after I tried going to sleep Al had kicked my bedroom door in and taken me to the hospital while Trinitee exchanged words with my mother downstairs. Now I'm just a twelve-year-old girl, lying in a hospital bed traumatizing her best friend. I have my sisters to think about... they're barely two, I've gotta get through this for them, and if not for them, then for Viv... I start to cry.

When I wake up, I don't look at the clock like I normally do after a nightmare. Instead I roll over and curl up closer to Viviann and fall back asleep.

When I wake up early the next morning, I look at the vanity and see clothes and makeup all laid out, some shoes on the floor, and a note on top of the clothes. I roll out of bed and go into the bathroom to brush my teeth before reading the note.

Hey pretty lady,
Just figured I'd get this ready for you, you might love or hate me today, but either way, you're stuck with me!

Kisses!
V

"What the hell are you talking about Viv?" I look at the clothes and shake my head, "ah, hell..."

I come downstairs wearing the clothes she picked for me, pale pink ripped skinny jeans, a skintight black cropped turtleneck, and my knee high black combat boots, I have my hair down still to cover the bandage on my head. I walk into the kitchen and receive a peppy, "Mornin' Sunshine! Looking good!" from Viviann who just made coffee.

She hands me a thermos and we head out the door to the car. "What was the note about? And why these clothes?" She picks my clothes for me sometimes so I wasn't overly worried, until I saw that these were the clothes I wore to the last party we went to, "What do you have planned?"

She looks at me confused, "You don't know?"

I raise my eyebrows, "Am I missing something?"

She finally smiles, "This outta be fun." She cranks up the radio, which for some reason is playing my music, and drives onward to school.