Ch. 1

Hermione set her head down on her desk, letting out a loud, frustrated groan. The Prophet's main headline was the last thing she needed to see that particular morning. After letting out a heavy sigh, she picked her head back up and stared down at the paper in front of her.

April 28th, 2003

Prominent Potion Brewer Found Dead in His Home!

The particular brewer in question, Archie Wilkins, happened to be the only brewer who made it known that he was a brewer for the Wolfsbane Potion. It also just so happened that he was the only brewer that could make it accurately since the last time anyone had looked into it.

She quickly folded the paper and tossed it down onto the ground, putting her head in her hand and forming a game-plan for the day. Hermione knew most of it was going to be spent researching new brewers, which was going to be difficult since most didn't advertise the fact that they would brew it. She was still surprised by the fact that many people vehemently hated the potion brewers who took on the difficult task of brewing the Wolfsbane potion, considering it kept everyone who wasn't a werewolf safe.

There was a knock on her door that brought her out of her thoughts and she looked up to see Harry leaning against her door.

"I'm sorry, Harry, but I'm going to be very busy soon..." She started, opening her drawers and pulling out stacks of folders that held her clients' information.

"I saw," He said with a nod. "I just wanted to come down and see if there was anything I could do to help you out."

"You mean besides finding the person who killed my potion brewer and created a lot of unnecessary work for me?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

He grinned. "Yes, besides that. I've already got a team searching the deceased's house for information so hopefully we will catch him soon."

"Good."

A tapping noise from the window grabbed both of their attention and she sighed exasperatedly when she saw the owl. "And so it begins."

Harry chuckled as he crossed the room to open the window, allowing the owl inside. It landed on her desk and she took the letter from it, sighing. "Actually yes, there is one thing you can do."

"And what would that be?" He asked, appearing next to her.

"I'm going to need more owl treats," She sighed, looking down into the near-empty bag. "I suspect I'm going to be needing quite a few of them today."

He laughed at that. "I'll send another bag up shortly."

Another owl suddenly swooped into the room, making Hermione groan loudly. Harry sat down in one of the chairs in front of her desk and asked, "Do you need anything else?"

"Let me hex the bastard that killed my potion brewer once you catch him." She snatched the letter from the second owl and gave it a few treats before setting that letter on top of the first one. "I'm sorry, Harry, but I'm about to get very busy."

"I know, I'll get out of your hair shortly," He said. "Are you and Ron still coming over for dinner tonight?"

She leaned back in her chair with another groan. "I honestly completely forgot. I'm sure we will be, just confirm with him."