Ch. 28

Draco was the first to wake up out of the three of them, which he didn't necessarily mind. His muscles and joints were all still aching, but after a nice, hot bath he felt much better.

Blaise came down into the kitchen shortly after Draco did, stretching. "What time is it?"

"Time for lunch," Draco answered. "I'm starving."

"I bet after that change," Blaise muttered as he sat down at the table. "Hermione still asleep?"

"I believe so," Draco said with a small smile. "I didn't hear anything coming from her room when I came down."

"I'm surprised she's not in your room."

Draco turned to scowl at a very smug looking Blaise. "I'm not going to rush into anything with her."

Blaise shrugged and continued to smile. "Doesn't mean you two can't share a bed."

"I'm not doing anything until she's comfortable with it," Draco said as he turned back to look into his large pantry. "We only just started dating."

"Alright, alright..." Blaise waved him off and leaned back into his chair with a sigh. "I will say, though: she's pretty funny when you get her drunk."

Draco whirled around angrily. "You got her drunk?!"

"Not on purpose!" Blaise said defensively.

"She was working!" Draco exclaimed. "You shouldn't have let her drink!"

"Oh please! She had everything completely handled!" Blaise folded his arms against his chest and returned Draco's glare. "Trust me, if you had seen the amount of care she put into making sure she and I were safe, you would have no issues with it. And she didn't even start actually drinking until after one in the morning."

Draco's mouth formed a thin line as he turned away slightly. "Alright."

He heard the sound of quiet footsteps then and looked towards the doorway just as Blaise announced, "Ahh, there she is!"

Hermione entered the kitchen with a sleepy smile on her face, and she laughed slightly. "Good afternoon, Blaise."

Draco watched her quietly, realizing that she had absolutely no makeup on her face at all. While he noticed that she had stopped wearing her foundation and concealer after he made the comment about her freckles, she would still wear her usual eye makeup of shadow, eyeliner, and mascara, and sometimes lipstick. But now with her bare face and messy bedhead curls, he never wanted to see her in makeup again.

"How are you feeling?" She asked quietly as she stopped next to him.

"Sore but alright." He pulled her against him and pressed a kiss to the top of her head. "Do you always look this stunning just after you wake up?"

She giggled and pushed against him playfully. "Oh stop; I look awful."

"What did I say about insulting yourself?" He asked with a grin.

As she rolled her eyes, Hermione heard a gagging sound from behind her and turned to scowl at Blaise, who was mimicking throwing up behind the table.

"I swear you two just gave me cavities," He joked.

"Don't even act like you aren't this cute with Ginny," Hermione scolded.

"I'm not saying I'm not," Blaise grinned. "But I at least don't subject my friends to the cuteness between Ginny and I."

"Only because the four of us haven't hung out together," Draco laughed.

"Speaking of..." Blaise straightened up in his chair and looked between the two of them. "I know I mentioned the four of us doing a double-date last week; how about we set that up? I think it's been long overdue."