Ch. 32

"Why am I more nervous this time around than I was before?" Hermione muttered to herself as she fixed her makeup in the bathroom mirror.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," Draco answered from the bedroom, making her smile slightly.

"I'm still getting used to your range of hearing," She laughed. "It's a bit jarring, I'm not going to lie."

He walked into the bathroom and kissed her head. "I'm surprised you're not already used to it."

They smiled at each other in the mirror and he looked over before running a hand through her hair. "It's getting longer."

"I know," She sighed, reaching up to fix one of her curls. Her hair was now long enough to just barely brush her shoulders, and as she looked it over she frowned slightly. "Should I cut it again?"

"That's up to you, love," He said with a smile. "I liked the shorter look but I've grown fond of this as well. I know you probably don't want your long hair again."

"Not for a while, no."

He kissed her head again and went to grab one of his waistcoats as she continued to frown over her hair. It didn't necessarily look bad, but she had just grown used to the short bob and wasn't quite ready to let it go.

"Your hair looks fine," He said from the closet, causing her to jump.

"I never said it looked bad," She said.

He looked out and raised an eyebrow at her. "You've got that look on your face though."

"Do not."

"I've been around you enough to know by now what kind of face you make when you're unhappy with something," He smiled.

She sighed and leaned against the counter before looking back at him. "Do you think there's enough time for me to-"

"Nope."

"But-"

"I'm not letting you make a rash decision before we go meet my parents for lunch."

She scowled at him before reluctantly giving in. "Fine."

He smiled before taking both of her hands and saying, "I can make you an appointment to have it done professionally so that you can get that same length as before. I know you'll be upset if you cut it too short beforehand."

After thinking it over for a few seconds she decided that he was right. "Okay, that makes sense."

"Good." He squeezed her hands and then asked, "Are you ready?"

"I think so," She said nervously.

"It's alright; remember, my father likes you now," He said reassuringly.

"I still need to impress your mother," She countered.

"Which I fully believe you will." He then faltered, as if he was trying to decide on whether or not to say something else. "By the way...don't be surprised by the way my parents react around each other. Mother's just...become a little more reserved the past few years so it may seem cold and stiff, but they do love each other."

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise but she nodded in understanding. He squeezed her hands again and disapparated the two of them, landing shortly after in front of a beautiful restaurant that they had not been to yet.

Hermione stared up at the restaurant nervously as her stomach twisted itself into knots but he gently pulled her forward towards the doors as he draped her arm inside of his to be closer to her.