Ch. 48

Hermione paced backed and forth nervously, the tulle skirt floating around her as she moved. The gala was going to be starting very soon, and Ginny had already left the room, leaving Hermione alone.

The bedroom door opened behind her and she turned to see Draco stopped in the doorway, staring at her with his jaw dropped slightly, two wine glasses in hand.

"Wow..." He breathed, looking her up and down.

A/N: Hermione's Outfit

She smiled then, her cheeks flushing as she looked down at the outfit and smoothed out the tulle

She smiled then, her cheeks flushing as she looked down at the outfit and smoothed out the tulle. "Do you like it?"

A smile spread across his face as he continued to look her up and down, slowly stepping towards her. "You are absolutely stunning!"

His eyes stopped at the neckline though and he frowned. "That neckline might be an issue, though."

She laughed and put a hand on his chest, stepping up to give him a quick kiss. "I think it balances the rest of the outfit."

He scowled at her playfully but then grinned, offering her the second wine glass. "I suppose I'll allow it..."

"You're not going to growl at anyone, are you?" She asked with another laugh, taking the offered glass and sipping from it.

"I can't make any promises," He said, looking her up and down again before shaking his head. "I'm so lucky to have you; you are absolutely perfect."

Her cheeks flushed and she looked down at the floor with a smile. He laughed quietly and gave her forehead a kiss before taking her hand and gently pulling her towards the door. "Come on; we're supposed to greet the guests as they arrive."

She nodded and he led her out of the room, the two of them chatting quietly as they walked down the stairs. Blaise and Ginny were already standing outside of the doors to the ballroom, and Hermione gasped excitedly at the dress.

A/N: Ginny's Dress

"Ginny, you look amazing!" She exclaimed, rushing to her best friend and giving her a hug

"Ginny, you look amazing!" She exclaimed, rushing to her best friend and giving her a hug. "It looks even better than it did on the hanger!"