Ch. 37

"I have to go find Draco," Hermione said as she tried to get up from the bed.

Ginny held out a hand to stop her as Blaise said, "The Healers won't let you leave right now."

"I'd like to see them try to stop me," Hermione said in a frustrated tone. "He needs to know that I'm okay!"

"She has a point," Ginny said as she looked back at Blaise who had been standing at the foot of Hermione's bed. "Draco felt so guilty about what happened and he probably thinks she's like him now."

"I know, but at the same time we can't exactly smuggle her out of the hospital, and what if her wound reopens?" Blaise asked.

"We can stop and get my bag at home first," Hermione said. "I have a first aide kit for werewolf bites in there."

Blaise sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. Before he could say anything in return though, the door behind him opened and everyone turned to see two people rushing into the room.

"'Mione!" Harry ran over to the edge of her bed with a worried look on his face. "Are you alright?!"

"I'm fine, what-"

She paused as she realized just who had come in with Harry. Ron was lingering near the door still, his gaze going back and forth between Blaise and Ginny. He finally settled on Blaise with a glare and said, "I'm surprised to see you here."

"Funny, I was going to say the same thing," Blaise retorted, crossing his arms against his chest.

"What are you doing here?" Hermione asked angrily to Ron.

Ron stopped glaring at Blaise to look at Hermione with a concerned expression as he said, "I came to make sure you were okay."

"Well I'm fine so you can leave," Hermione said icily.

Taking a step forward, Ron began to open his mouth but stopped when he saw his sister glaring at him. She turned to face him fully before saying, "You shouldn't be here, Ron."

"And why not?" He fired back. "I think I have a right to check on someone I care about!"

"You lost that right when you stepped out on your marriage with her assistant!" Ginny exclaimed.

Ron was about to argue when Hermione exasperatedly asked, "How did you even know I was here?"

"It was in the Prophet," Ron answered, cringing slightly at the glare Hermione shot his way.

"What are you talking about?" She asked angrily.

"He's right," Harry said with a nod. "There was a short article written saying that many people saw Ginny bring you in here last night. What happened?"

"It was just an accident," Hermione answered through gritted teeth. "I splinched my arm on the job."

She saw Ginny glance at her while Blaise's eyebrow went up but she ever so slightly shook her head. The last thing she wanted in that moment was for them to figure out that she was bitten by a werewolf, and then having to explain why she herself was not a werewolf.

Ron took a step forward, grabbing her attention then and asking, "Is there anything we can do? Anything you need?"

"Honestly, I just want some peace and quiet," She said, trying to calm herself down. "Please leave, Ron. I'm under a lot of stress right now and I do not want to see you."

His shoulders dropped as he lingered for a moment, but then nodded and quietly left the room. As soon as the door shut, Harry turned back to Hermione and said, "I'm sorry, I tried to tell him that coming here wasn't a good idea."