Ch. 15

Much to Hermione's chagrin, there was yet another bouquet of flowers from Ron on her desk when she walked into her office Monday morning. She glared at them as she tossed them into the bin again, putting her head in her hands as soon as she sat down.

Unfortunately it was going to take a few business days for the divorce paperwork to be processed and served to Ron. She wasn't looking forward to the next months and only hoped that Ron would make it easy for the two of them.

"Morning, Hermione!"

She looked up and saw Harry walking into her office, shutting the door behind him. She smiled and said, "Good morning, Harry. What's up?"

He sat down and sighed before quietly saying, "I just wanted to let you know that Ron's week-long suspension is up. He's back in his office."

"Great," Hermione muttered. "I suppose I should expect a visit from him sometime today?"

"I won't deny the possibility of it happening," Harry nodded.

She groaned and leaned back in her chair, looking up at the ceiling. "I can already tell this week is going to be difficult."

"I'll try to keep him away as much as I can," He said reassuringly. "Right now they're investigating if that was the only time it happened, and whether or not they are going to terminate his position as Auror."

"I mean, my assistant was let go; it's only fair if he was let go as well," Hermione said.

"I agree, but at the same time it's not up to me," Harry said.

"I know." Hermione sighed and leaned against the arm of her chair. "How are you doing, by the way? Ginny told me."

Harry nodded. "I'm doing alright. How much of it did she tell you?"

"She said that you had been seeing one of the other Aurors?" Hermione asked slowly.

"Sort of seeing," Harry said with a sigh. "We've gone out on lunches a lot and yeah..."

She nodded in understanding. "But are you okay with everything that's happened?"

"Well, I'd be lying if I didn't want things to be different," He said quietly. "But at the same time, we both made our own decisions and this is honestly the best for us. And it's not like she and I don't still care about each other, we're still friends."

"Very true." Hermione looked him over for a few moments before saying, "Just let me know if you ever need to talk, okay?"

He smiled at that. "I'm alright, Hermione, I promise."

"I know, I'm just making sure," She said, returning the smile.

Harry stood up then with a slight groan and said, "Alright, I need to get back to my office. Let me know if you have any difficulties with anything."

She knew he meant Ron and she nodded before he turned around and left, shutting the door behind him.

Lunch came around and her stomach was a bundle of nerves again as she subconsciously waited for Ron to come to her door at any moment. It was annoying but she couldn't force the anxiety away, and she noticed that she was fidgeting quite a bit as the day went on.

She nearly jumped out of her seat when she heard a knock on her door, but when she saw it was Draco she calmed herself down before waving him in with a smile.