Ch. 11

Hermione had finished packing everything by the time Ron had stepped out of the fireplace into their living room. She didn't answer when he called out to her and as she heard his footsteps come up the stairs quickly she looked around to make sure she had everything.

"Hermione, please; I just want to talk!"

"There's nothing to talk about!" She exclaimed, slamming the door shut and locking it with her wand.

"Yes, we need to talk about this!" He pleaded from the other side of the door. "Please! I'm so sorry!"

"Sorry you did it or sorry you got caught?!" She quickly ran into the bathroom and did one last check before racing back out into the bedroom and grabbing her bag. "Just leave me alone, Ronald! I don't want to see you right now!"

She immediately disapparated from their house and landed instead in her parents' living room with tears in her eyes. She knew they weren't home; they would be in Australia for another month before summer came.

After making her way upstairs to her old bedroom and setting her bag down on the ground, she fell onto her bed and buried her head into the pillows. She couldn't believe he would go and cheat on her, with her own assistant of all people! At that point her attitude had switched more to anger over sadness, and she sat up, wiping away her tears as she tried to figure out her next step.

Ginny was not expecting Harry to be waiting for her as she stepped off the field for lunch and her stomach turned to knots. "Harry! What are you doing here?"

"Something happened today, and we need to talk," Harry answered calmly with his hands in his pockets. "Can we go to lunch?"

"Uh, sure," Ginny said nervously. "Let me just go change real quick."

She raced into the locker room and paced back and forth for a few moments before pulling on a fresh pair of clothes and racing back out. Did Harry find out that she was talking to Blaise and seeing him over lunch?

Her stomach dropped though when she saw Blaise standing and talking to Harry. They both seemed very calm, a small smile even on Blaise's face as he spoke quietly to Harry. They both looked up though as she neared and she reluctantly smiled at Blaise.

"Hello, Ginny," He greeted pleasantly. "I was just talking to your husband here about your upcoming game."

"Yes, it's going to be very exciting," Ginny said quickly, her mind racing. "Um, Isolde told me to let you know that she had to run an errand over lunch but that she will send a note to you later explaining everything."

She hoped that he would pick up on what she meant and after a few moments he nodded, raising an eyebrow slightly at her. She then turned to Harry and said, "He's seeing one of the backup beaters. You said we needed to talk?"

"Yes, let's go." Harry then nodded to Blaise and apparated away with Ginny.

They landed in a different restaurant than the one that she and Blaise would go to, which made her feel somewhat relieved. So far Harry showed no indication of knowing that she had a secret relationship with Blaise. Well, it wasn't even much of a relationship. They exchanged letter back and forth every day and went to lunch, and would even kiss every now and then when they were sure no one was looking.

"Is everything alright?" Ginny asked nervously.

"Well..." Harry trailed off and sighed. "I don't even know where to begin."