Chapter 1: Thanks For Last Night.

Image: Mia Watson

"I couldn't stop staring at his mouth when he spoke. I bet he knew how to kiss. Perfect kisses too, ones that weren't wet and gross, but the kind that curled toes." - Jennifer Armentrout, Obsidian.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

MIA

Neither I nor Adrian had seen each other again since our meeting at the hospital, even though we had a little run-in at the hospital canteen that day.

"Hi."

I said nervously to him when he walked into the canteen.

"Hey. Getting dinner?" he said as he pointed at the tray I was holding.

"Oh! It's not for me it's for Kendra. Today has been a pretty rough day and she hasn't had anything to eat."

I smiled to hide my nervousness as my hands started to sweat underneath the tray.

"Yeah I heard about it, I'm sorry for what happened to her."

"It's a good thing Liam was there or it might've been a different story. I'm really sorry that this had to happen to Liam, I know that this isn't how you wanted to surprise him after such a long time apart."

"No it wasn't but as they say, everything happens for a reason." he raise the corner of his lips as he let out a small chuckle.

I stared at his lips that looked so red and succulent like he'd never been kissed. He had a stubble around his jaw which accentuated his lips more.

I felt hot again just by thinking about kissing him and wondering how his lips would feel beneath mine.

"I guess it does. I should get going Kendra's probably waiting for me."

"All right. I'll see you around." he said and walked past me.

I stopped at the exit and turned to watch him take out a box of chocolate milk from the vending machine before I went out to join my friend.

***

I couldn't stop thinking about the stranger I'd met at the hospital who turned out to be the best friend to my best friend's husband and the VERY charming looking stranger who was called Adrian.

I thought about him, dreamt about him, fantasised about him. I don't know what it is that's got me so attracted to a stranger just by merely touching his hands.

"I'm a reasonable adult for God's sake I shouldn't be crushing so hard like a teenager."

I'd said to myself and instead of the thoughts of him to fade away, they just kept on coming.

After a few days out of the hospital Liam officially proposed to Kendra and everyone was ecstatic even though we knew without a doubt that the will eventually get married.

Kendra and I planned the details for weeks and even picked out the perfect wedding dress. I was so preoccupied helping my friend with the wedding plans that the thought of Adrian started to fade (or so I thought).

The wedding bells rang and the pianist began the welcome song. I walked in slowly with a bouquet in hand smiling at the crowd and then my eyes met his.

I couldn't believe how breath taking he looked in a tuxedo, Adrian looked like a prince from one of those Disney movies where the prince is dressed so handsome as he awaits his princess who slowly walks up to him.