Chapter 3: Deal

His eyes widen as our eyes met and I noticed that he quickly hid the surprise that was written on his face.

I don't know what to say, I'm left speechless just standing there looking at him. I've searched for him for months, well not technically but I have. I've thought about him, and the thought of him walking away still tortured me.

"Adrian!"

I force myself to speak.

"You know him?" Richard asks.

"You will refer to me as Mr Parker."

What the hell? Did he just say that? He doesn't remember telling me to say his name that night as he did things to my body and I moaned 'Adrian'. Why is he acting this way?

"I'm sorry... Mr Parker." I corrected.

"Is this how to keep to an appointment?"

"I'm sorry for being late Mr Parker, I was stuck in traffic and I..."

"Enough with the excuses."

He hold up a hand to silence me.

"If it wasn't for your friend here that's talked so highly of you and how good you are with your work, I would've walked out the moment I got here and found out that you weren't."

"I promise it won't happen again, I'll..."

"No... it wont."

Why does he keep cutting me off?

Richard leads me to the chair beside Adrian as he took one opposite me which leaves Adrian in our midst.

"So I take it you've seen the blueprints?"

"No Mr Parker, I..."

"You haven't seen the blueprints? Then how have you been able to come up with an idea for this place?"

"She's the type of designer that likes taking in the details of her work before she cooks up an idea." Richard adds.

"Isn't that what the blueprints are for? Richard you're the architect and you ought to have shown her the blueprints so she can get the structure of the building and know what kind of furniture or design which will go to each part." he look at Richard and cross his fingers on the table.

"Well Mr Parker, Richard is right. I prefer to see the building for myself and take in every structure so as to know what and what will be placed."

"You're sitting in the building miss, so I guess you'd like to take it in?"

"Yes."

"Good let's go!"

He stands quickly as he buttons his suit and the smell of his cologne fill my nostrils and I couldn't help but remember the feel of his lips on mine. Why do you have to be so dang charming Mr Parker?

I rise and walk up to the door as he holds the door and stretch out his hand in a 'ladies first' manner.

"Richard! It's your job to take her to every nook and cranny of this building, I don't want her telling me that she hasn't taken it all in. By the time I see you again miss..." he paused and looked at me.

"Watson... Mia Watson." I reply hastily.

"By the time I see you again miss Watson, I'd like to see the designs you've come up with. That'll be all."

And with that, he left us. Why's he being so cold towards me like he's never met me before? Why does my heart ache so bad?

"This is the reception area... what do you think of this place?"