Chapter 8: Dinner's Over

MIA

The decision to move in with Adrian kept me up all night thinking. There are pros and cons to this;

Pros: Easy access to my work place.
Always going to be on schedule.
Can easily supervise since I'll be      there 24/7.
Cons: Living under the same roof as   Adrian.
Close to irresistibly charming Adrian. Super close to Adrian.
Can bump into him always.

Yup! Cons win! I'm not moving in! I just have to find a way now to always get to work on time or I lose the job.

***

I'm dressed in nothing but a bathrobe as I prepare to go take a shower.

This house looks strange, I wonder where I am.

As I open the doors to the bathroom, I could hear the sound of the shower and a male voice singing. I move closer to pick up a can of air freshener.

I can't seem to place the voice, what would a man be doing in my shower uninvited? I slowly tip toe close to the shower and in a swift move, I push the shower curtain aside and the man who was singing turn around to face me.

Just before I can release the contents of the air freshener into his eyes, I look at the face and it was Adrian staring at me.

"Oh my God! What are you doing in my shower?"

"I live here don't you remember?"

"You can't live here! This is my house!"

"You mean my house"

I look around and nothing in the bathroom seem to look like anything from mine.

He steps out of the shower and I could see his fullness. His perfect body and his perfect muscles that goes all the way and stops at the V line of his intersection.

He is so gorgeous!

"You like what you see?"

"What?"

"Come Mia let's recreate what happened on that fateful night"

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying I want you. Come give me a big kiss"

Adrian will never say that. But how can I resist the gorgeous being.

Just as I am about to go to him I notice his manhood is erect and it begins to rise and rise and rise.

"What the fuck?"

It keeps on rising and his face changes to Carl's face.

"No! No! I'm dreaming! This isn't real!"

This isn't real!

I wake up yelling. What kind of a crazy ass dream is that?

I look at the clock.

"Seven thirty! What the hell?! I didn't even hear the sound of my alarm go off!"

I dash into the bathroom

***

A crazy dream made me wake up late and a crazy traffic only worsened the situation. How am I going to get into Mr Parker's good book now when all he's going to tag me as is #bitchalwayslate.

As soon as the cab was close enough to the hotel and the traffic didn't seem to budge, I step out and ran the few miles to the hotel.

Adrian as always was already there and looking angry. I ran in panting and he didn't even let me rest he just orders me to the conference room.

I thought I would stand my ground that I didn't want to move in but it's either I move into the penthouse or lose my job. But it's not fair! He made me quit at the publishing company and now he's giving me conditions?

I made it work at the publishing company because it was only an hour's drive from my apartment but this hotel...takes an hour and a half if the traffic isn't so bad.

After our agreement, I went to work and as hours passed, it was time to go grab a few of my things. Adrian had assigned his driver to go with me and I was grateful for that because I wouldn't have been able to carry everything on my own.

The driver was so sweet and friendly,  he wasn't the same person that picked me up the first time I met with Adrian. This one is a much older man and the sweetest if I may add. He helped me gather my stuff and carried them to the car and when we arrived at the hotel he helped me take it up to the penthouse.

Adrian had already changed into something casual, a white T-shirt and jeans. His hair was wet, probably came out of the shower. I wonder how hot he'll look with water dripping down his body. Suddenly I remember my dream and shake my head to remove that image.

He led me to one of his guest rooms and I couldn't hide my excitement when I saw the room. I made a remark about the size of the room and the size of my apartment and he looked away.

I guess I shouldn't have said that because clearly he wants nothing to do with me anymore. He just informed me of the dinner schedule and left.

***

After arranging my things in the appropriate places, I take a quick shower and settle for a purple T-shirt and white shorts and head out to have dinner with Adrian.

He was already seated at the head of the table and dinner had already been served.

"So nice of you to join me. Have a seat."

He stretches out his hand to the seat close to him.

We ate in silence for few minutes and it felt like we were in a cemetery until he broke the silence.

"I hope you didn't have any trouble settling in"

"Not at all."

It feels weird to sit with him and have dinner. The last time we sat together like this, we ended up tangled together.

The thought of that made me choke.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine"

I cough

"Have some water"

He hands me a glass of water.

I take it and empty the contents

"Why are you being nice to me?"

I just have to know

"What do you mean?"

"You confuse me Adrian...Mr Parker. You've got my mind all twisted, one minute you are nice and the next you are bossy. At first it seemed like I've known you my whole life, and now it seems like I don't even know you at all."

"What do you want to know about me?"

He drops his cutlery and push his dish aside, folds his arms and looks deep into my eyes. I guess dinner's over.