Prologue

Pamela's POV 

So this was it....

My new home....

We had to move from where we used to stay, that was Virginia, to stay in New York. I was super sad and super happy at the same time.

I was happy because I was going to leave behind the school I used to attend... They really taunted me a lot and made me miserable. So if I was leaving that behind, then that was going to be great. 

I was sad because Virginia was where I was born, a place where I had lived my life with friends and other family members. 

Eh, I was happier than ever anyway.  My new home was a mansion, much bigger than the old one. It had more rooms as well and a larger hall. Ever since my dad got a promotion plus a transfer afterwards, life had just been so amazing.

Tomorrow was gonna be my first day at school, and I was so excited. I even called my friend, Rochelle, to tell her about it. 

"The neighbourhood is great!" I told her over the phone as I carefully arranged my new clothes in front of the old ones. 

"Really? Have you met any hot guys yet?" She asked. Well, yeah, I took no interest in guys....I was so in love with my books, and I even contradicted myself... weirdly.

I had red fiery long hair, with blue eyes, and I was  short. I was diagnosed with myopia when I was seven, but as I grew up, things got better, and I had only four months left before I took these glasses off.

"Come on, Roch, not yet... and I don't want to." I protested, sighing as I closed the wardrobe. It was quite difficult for me when I liked someone. 

Considering the fact that I wouldn't be able to do anything about it and my heart would just be rising and pounding.

So I was better off not taking interest in guys.

"Well, you better....tell me when you have your first kiss.....and don't just kiss anyone!"

"Rochelle!" I yelled, chuckling with her. Rochelle was the cheerleading captain. We became best friends one month after I joined my former school.

 I didn't know why she wanted to be my friend but her reason was that I was a genuine person.

"I'm purposely going there to learn and get good grades for college. It does not complicate my life." I started arranging the piling empty boxes.

"But you can't be learning all the time. You need to have a little fun." She pointed out.

"Oh, I will have fun." I grinned.

"By learning till you end up like William James Sidis? Aka, your husband?" She asked,

"You really know me." I chuckled.

"Girl, I'm even scared for you. You're like sixteen, and you're already in senior year.. what it they bully you." she trailed.

"I know right…maybe they won't. " I sighed.

After talking with her for a while, I cut the call and plopped into my bed.

This is gonna be just fine....right?

I'll be very happy in this house...right?

I'll be very happy in the neighbourhood ....right?

I'll be happy in my new school,... Right?

Or so I thought?