3. Jealous Already?

Pamela's POV

Geography was the only subject that managed to make me cry whenever we had a test. I remembered when I was in primary school, I had a C+ in a test

It was one of the worst days of my life. It took a lot of studying and  tutoring from my aunt, Thelma, before I had a phase of it covered.

But to date, my highest score in it was B+, and it was almost frustrating that I couldn't get the A I needed.

I sighed as I ran my fingers along the paper back in the library. I spotted a geography textbook on the higher part of the shelf.

It looked really useful but it was sad I couldn't access it. And it would have been awkward to grab a chair to stand on it.

I looked at the book and spotted someone's hand coming over it as the person slipped it out. Nino handed me the book, and I uttered my gratitude to him. Maybe he wasn't that petty after all.

"Study all you want, but don't you dare think you can take me off the number one spot, that's my spot, watch this space, Pamela." He warned, and I fought the strong urge to roll my eye

"Oh, and just so you know, I'm a pro when it comes to geography, oh, and other subjects as well.”

"I see." I muttered, pressing the book to my chest. My heart skipped a beat when the door opened, and Nathaniel stepped into the library.

I stopped looking at him and excused myself from Nino before I sat at the last seat in the corner. Nino grabbed some books and came over to me.

"Oh and mind you, this spot belongs to me too." He said.

"Please, let me sit here." I begged not wanting to come into light. "I promise I won't disturb you.." I assured myself, and my heart thumped when I caught Nathaniel looking at me. I looked back at Nino and almost pouted.

"Fine, but this doesn't make us friends or anything." He said, and I nodded while opening the book. Everything looked complex, but I took my time and broke down definitions and theories. When I finished,  I realised I had to go because I had another class.

So I decided to borrow the book. I went over to the librarian and handed him the book I wanted to borrow.

He nodded and took out his record book, and I groaned when I spotted Nathaniel looking at me again. The action alone caused a rise in my heartbeat.

What was he planning?

I twitched my lips and looked aside as the librarian handed me a pen. I wrote my name, and that was the book I borrowed.

"Make sure you return it by Friday with no damage understood?" He sighed, adjusting his glasses.

"Yes, please." I whispered, opening the door to leave. Immediately I got out, I allowed all the blush to flow out. Gosh, why did I feel I was going crazy?

I walked down the hallway to my locker, and when  I remember a particular scenario that happened two weeks ago, I felt that strange feeling again.

I opened it and took out both my chemistry notes, the old one from my former school, and the new one I was given here.

I went to a certain class and took the seat. The teacher wasn't in, and the class wasn't full. Even the small number of students present were making noise. The teacher arrived and after a while too, the rest of the students too arrived.

Eugene and I were at the dining table as usual, chatting our minds away.

"So you're saying..Stella..that is your online girlfriend, lives in New York?" I asked, looking at him as I ate the ice cream. My nose was almost freezing, but I didn't mind. The ice cream was just too good.