18. Back To Square One.

Pamela's POV

Today was finally the grand games. I was happy mostly because after this was Valentine's upcoming week, then the release of results.

I sighed and got down from my car. After taking out the snacks Mackenna and Angela asked me to bring, I sauntered inside the school and my heart lept at the ongoing activities. People were moving helter-skelter with banners, shouts and cheering. I moved through the crowd and came across Noan.

"Good luck Nolan." I wished and he embraced me in a hug.

"Thank you." He mumbled, ruffled my hair and left. I had a grin on my face but it slightly dimmed when Nathaniel came to view.

  Despite my nervousness, I wished him to. But he came over me, grabbed my wrist and backed me up against a random locker. I gasped as he stared blankly at me making my breaths slow.

"I don't need your wish,..go wish your boyfriend." He sneered in his deep voice and my cheeks flamed in embarrassment. His nail cutter fell from his bag and he picked it up and shoved it into his pocket. For a second, I thought he was going to threaten me with it. I nodded slowly and he released me, walking away.

Well, that was rude.

He's always rude!

I got to the game hall and I spotted Angela and Mackenna waving frantically at me. I moved towards them and sat at the seat they saved for me.

"What took you so long?'' Angela asked.

"And why's your face all red?" Mackenna hovered her palm over my face.

"Nothing...here's the snack." I said and their faces lit up.

"Yep it's something and we're gonna talk about it later, " Mackenna nudged me.

The players or jocks entered and every one began to cheer. Belinda jumped in her short skirt and blew Nathaniel a kiss.

I looked away to find something else to look at. Angelo and Nolan were warming up and chatting as well  and I decided to nudge Angela and Mackenn but they were already drooling at them.

But my eyes caught Nathaniel's blank face again. His eyes were searching through the crowd looking for someone until our eyes met.

So, who was he looking for?

I quickly looked away unsure of where, what or who to look at until the games began.

Nathaniel's POV

I stood still and cracked a fake smile at Belinda who blew me a kiss. Then I allowed my eyes involuntarily searched through the crowd, looking for someone until I found her. Surprsingly, she was staring back at me but she quickly changed her gaze.

I was so pissed when she hugged Nolan after wishing him. I was already mad at her since yesterday probably because she didn't sit next to me..I know it seemed childish but I didn't even know why I cared.

I glanced at her again but she wasn't looking back at me, and I rolled my eyes annoyed and joined with the others to warm up.

So ten minutes into the game, our school was winning and I was happy but during the last round I in tripped and the small knife attached to the nail cutter in my pocket cut across my palm. I was bleeding and wincing so badly and the coach asked me to go to the recovery bay.

I groaned and gripped my wrist, walking out if the game hall. I passed corridors and finally came across the bay. I opened the door and walked inside.

I sat on the bed waiting for the damned nurse but she didn't arrive. I growled in pain and winced. Someone came in and a frowned etched on my forehead.