8

After I got April cleaned and fed. I tucked her in and Caius stood by the door. I grabbed Romeo and Juliet. One of her favourite stories.

"Mummy?" I stopped reading and looking up at her. "Am I a monster?" I frowned and moved to sit on her bed.

"Why would you ask that?" I asked.

"I killed that man...Hw might have a family. They'll never see him again." She said.

"Well. No. Your not a monster. We kill to live. That man was going to hurt you. You had to kill or you wouldn't be here." I said. "Humans kill animals to eat. Are they monsters?" I asked.

"Yes! Why would you kill an animal!?" She yelled and I smiled.

"Vampires kill to feed. We kill to live. Everyone has to kill to live baby. Your not a monster. And if anyone tells you different let them say that to me." She smiled and laid back down. "Now you better get some sleep. Uncle Marcus is going to tech you Italian." I kissed her head and Caius walked over and did the same.

"Your no monster." April smiled as she yawned.

"Night mummy. Night daddy." I smiled and we left the room.

"Today's been a long day." I sigh and Caius guided me to our room.

"Maybe you should get some sleep too." I nodded as we walked into the room. "I have told Aro you are going shopping tomorrow afternoon with April. We both think you should take Stefan and Felix for safety." I nodded.

"Thank you Caius." I said as we got into our room. I went to my bag and pulled out a tank top and shorts. I went to the adjoining bathroom. I changed into the pyjamas and walked out the bathroom. I set my cloths next to my bag and jumped at Caius's growl. I looked over and saw him sat there looking me over. I slowly walked over to the bed, his eyes never leaving my body. I sat on the bed but his hand grabbed my arm and pulled me down and he hovered over me.

"Your so beautiful." He just looked at me. I reached up and cupped his face and smiled. He lowered down and slowly captured my lips with his. I wrapped my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his hair. He groaned, deepening the kiss but I quickly pulled away.

"Lay with me." He nodded and laid next to me and I nuzzled into his chest, slowly drifting to sleep.

*****

I woke up when April jumped on the bed and Caius chuckling.

"Mummy wake up. I'm learning Italian today and then we're going shopping." She smiled shaking me.

"Alright I'm up." I sat up and looked to Caius who was still laying next to me. I looked at my clock and frowned. "April it's only 7am."

"I know so come on. I'm hungry." She whines shaking me.

"This is why I'm putting off having another child." I mumble making Caius chuckle.

"I had a pretty dress on my bed for today." She smiled and showed me.

"That's beautiful sweetie. Now let's give you a bath and get you ready." I got up and Caius held up a dressing gown. "That's alright Caius is not cold." I smiled. He chuckled and stood in front of me and put it over my shoulders.

"If I look at that beautiful body much longer I'm going to pull my hair out." I bit my lip as I slipped it on.

"I'll be back soon." I kissed his cheek and picked up April. She kissed Caius's other cheek.

"Morning daddy." She smiled as I brought her to our bathroom. I filled the bath with water and bubble bath. She happily sat in the bath playing with a toy she brought in with her. Once she was done she got out and I wrapped her in a big fluffy towel. She giggled and ran out as I drained the bath.