13

I spent the night in Aprils room. I told her it was a sleep over. She seemed happy about it. The next morning I woke up feeling sick. I ran to the bathroom and threw up.

"Mummy?" I couldn't answer as I continued to throw up. I heard her door open and close as I finished. I flushed the toilet before washing my face and brushing my teeth. Banshees don't get sick. Unless...no not now. I walked out as April walked into the room with Marcus.

"April says you are sick?" He asked and I nodded. "Let's move you to your room. We don't want April to catch whatever it is you have picked up."

"Can I stay somewhere else?" I asked. He looked at me sadly before nodding.

"Good. I don't want daddy sick too." April smiled. I gave her a small smile before Marcus lead me to a guest room. He left me to rest and an hour later Mary stormed into the room.

"So your sick." I nodded slowly. "We don't get sick unless we're pregnant." She said through her teeth and I felt my eyes fill with tears.

"Mary. What do I do?" She looked at me worried. "Caius...he's done thing. When he was human...he killed innocent people. Children. He raped women." I sobbed. She quickly hugged me tightly as I cried.

"It'll be okay." She whispered. "April will have a sister." She smiled slightly.

"This wasn't planned. I...I don't know what to do? What do I tell Caius? I can't face him. I don't want to." I said and she wiped my tears away.

"I will speak with Aro and Marcus. Don't worry about it. Just rest and no stressing." I nodded and she kissed my head. "I'll keep April with Stefan for the day and get you a test to be sure. You may just be sick. It's not known but you never know." I nodded and she left the room. I was alone for a couple hours until Mary came back with Aro.

"Good afternoon Eaven. Mary has told me of the situation. I think that if you are having a baby you should speak with my brother." I nodded slowly.

"Well here's the test. Vladimirs bringing you soon food too and Stefan is playing with April in her room." Mary said. I slowly got up and took the test and went to the bathroom not saying a word. I took the test before washing my hands. I walked out and sat on the small sofa and Mary sat next to me taking my hand gently.

"Did you see the results?" I asked.

"No." I said. Aro walked into the bathroom and came back with the test.

"Congratulations Eaven." I tear up as he set the test on the table. The door opened and Vladimir came in with my food.

"Here you go Eaven." He set the food next to the test and he picked it up. "Is this..?"

"Yes." I mumble and he growled before storming off. I hurried to get up but hissed in pain gripping my side. I hurried after him but he was already gone. No. Caius can't now. April. She can't know yet. I hurried down the steps and to the thrown room where Vladimir was pinned to the floor by Stefan while Caius held April.

"Vladimir. Don't." I snapped and hissed gripping my side. Aro rubbed my back while Mary helped me stand up straight.

"Your pregnant?" Caius asked. Oh lord.

"It doesn't matter. Vladimir why would you do this!?" I yelled and he just growled. "Vlad!"

"What do you want me to say? Your like a sister to me. He made to sob all night and then you find out your having his baby."

"Baby?" April asked. "I get a sister?"

"April honey not now." Mary said with a small smile.

"Let's get you back to the guest room." Aro said helping me stand.

"No she'll be coming back to our room where I can keep an eye on her."  Caius said putting April down and walking closer. Stefan stepped in front of him.

"I'm sorry Caius. But if she wants space she should get it. If she stresses too much you could risk the baby." The room fell quiet before Caius left. Aro helped me back to the guest room and I sat on the sofa. Mary had got me my book so I can write up the development of the baby's growth while I was pregnant. I stroked my belly sadly. I heard a knocking. Soon the door opened and April came in with Jane. I smiled as April walked over looking at my belly.

"So you have a baby in there?" She asked.

"Yes baby." She smiled and sat in front of me.

"Hello. I'm your big sister. I hope you are cute and look like me. Daddy's really happy about you and I can't wait to meet you. We can have tea parties and can play with all my toys and with Kitty." She said talking to my belly.

"Sweetie I'm very tiered do you think you could be a big girl and play in your room?" She smiled and nodded.

"Okay I'll go play. Can Alec play too?" She asked.

"If he's free then okay." I smiled.

"Silly mummy. You don't have to pay Alec." She giggled and left the room.

"Jane could you get Caius and Mary for me. I think we should talk." She nodded and left the room. I closed my book and walked to the window seat and looked out at the busy streets. It was so nice out. After twenty minutes both Caius and Mary walked into the room.