21

By that night the guard members that had gone with Vladimir had been reported dead and Vladimir came back with and arm ripped off. He was attacked as soon as he reached the airport. My niece wasn't answering the phone anymore. I was worried Caitlin would be attacked on her way too but I was sure her daughters and husband could protect her. The Volturi were so worried that vampires would risk exposure that they announced a deadly illness had been spreading. Most people chose to evacuate but there where some who chose to stay. Those who stairs would most likely die at a vampires hands. There had been another three attacks and we was getting more and more worried. I missed my children every second they was away but Carlisle and Esme would ring me or email me through the day to tell me how they were.
I was in the library trying to find something that could help when Jane came into the room.
"Miss Eaven. Your sister and husband are here with there....children." I smiled at her small pause. I quickly walked to the groan room, pushing open the doors.
"Auntie Eaven!" I jumped as 3 pairs of arms wrapped around my waist.
"Margret. Holly. Lucy. How are you?" I smiled stroking there heads.
"Eaven. Always good to see you." I nodded towards James while Caitlin came over as her daughters let go and hugged me. She broke down sobbing and I rubbed her back. Another of our sisters had fallen. Now there was only me doing her.
"It'll be okay." I whispered.
"Where is April? And the twins?" Holly asked getting worried again.
"I sent them somewhere safe." She took a deep breath and nodded. "Did you have much trouble getting through to us-?" I stopped seeing the bit mark on James shoulder.
"Lucy sucked the venom out. I'm fine just a little dizzy." I nodded as Caitlin went over to her family as Caius and Aro walked in. Demetri, Alec, Jane and three lower guard with them.
"How's Vlad's arm?" I asked.
"Is reattached but he's still week." Alec said making me nod. Caius hiss at James who growled.
"Caius this is my brother in law James. James this is my mate Caius." James stopped and slowly stepped flawlessly, holding out his hand.
"I hope we can try to get along. At least while there's a war." James said through his teeth. Caius groaned before shaking his hand.
"I never thought a day like this would come. Master Caius being nice to a werewolf." Demetri muttered to Jane.

*****

It was entertaining to see the guards faces when mynieces became the beasts they where.

I smiled as the trained

I smiled as the trained. James telling them what they should be ready for when fighting vampires. Caitlin just watched her children. Caius stood by my side, his arms wrapped around me.
"Maybe the girls would do better with vampire opponents." Marcus said. James didn't seem to like that idea but nodded slowly.
"You should know a vampires gift doesn't work on a Wendigo." I said and Aro smiled clapping his hands.
"Wonderful. Alec. Jane Felix. This is a good chance for you to fight without the help of your gifts." Aro smiled. The girls watched the moving figures. Then once they stopped moving the sniffed the air and growled.
"A Wendigo can only see moving things. If you don't move your invisible to them. Other than that they rely on smell." James explained. "You smell like a rotting corpse to me but to them-" the girls licked there lips. "No matter what you are your food." The girls lunged falward. I watched a little worried at the guard continued to dodge and pull the windigos down. Until Lucy grabbed Jane and held her up by her arm. Alec got distracted and Holly grabbed him. They bother wiggled trying to fight there way out the Wendigo' grip. The opened there moths and went to bite. But stopped.
"Jane and Alec are out." I said and the girls put them down. Jane looked genuinely scared. Alec helped her over to Aro. Demetri was no where to be seen until Caius pointed up. I saw Demetri on the wall and I frowned.
"Wendigo a can climb just like a vampire. Margret sniffed the air before jumping onto the wall and roaring right into Demetri's face but he staid perfectly still. I smiled as Margret sniffed before moving on. Only Lucy was on the opposite side. Holly grabbed Demetri's leg. He staid perfectly still as she slowly got closer and closer and sniffed. She growled before roaring. He didn't even flinch. She tilted her head before dropping him. He didn't move till she went away and he shuffled to us.
"Well done." James grinned. "But you'd be dead." Demetri turned to him confused as Lucy stood behind him grinning, showing her shark like teeth. Demetri turned and froze. Lucy went to bite showing she wine before slipping towards her sister. Caitlin walked to a side door and they followed her inside. Soon they came back fully dressed and waved.
"You have very interesting and strong children." Marcus smiled.
"You all must be hungry. Why don't we eat and talk about what will be happening." All nodded before leaving
the room. I frowned thinking of my children. I hope there safe.

(The picture of the Wendigos is really a picture of the monsters from the film "The Decent". It is not my picture none of the picture I used are mine. Thank you.)