The Beginning

《Alright! This is my first time writing this type of story, so let me say a few things. I will give our/your character a name. Buuut, you guys get to say whichever name you would like me to use! So for right now our character is gonna be YN cause thats what normally happens. Or if you want it to stay as YN thats fine too. You just gotta say it!

And since this is a X reader story, you get a say of what you think should happen next. Kinda like a choose your own adventure story! Only you get more options! But I will also make my own changes as the story moves on. And sorry if the updates are slow. And if what you say doesn't happen, don't take it like I'm ignoring your request. I will probably try to find a way for it to happen, as long as the request isn't to far out there for it to happen.

So thats all I gotta say for now, and this chapter will probably won't be the best. But I will try to make it as good as possible!》

-Narrator pov-

When a deadly virus struck the world, an organization called
W.I.C.K.E.D tried to find the cure. They started gathering studies, and people. And tried to find out who was immune or not.

And to only find a shocking discovery.

The newest generation has more immunities to the Flare virus,  then the last generation. They then sent out the orders to the people, that they could find the cure.

But in order to find the cure, they needed their children.

People declined and refused,  only to bring their children back later, when they themselves had gotten sick. Children of multiple ages were brought to W.I.C.K.E.D and some peoples hopes were turning up.

But behind W.I.C.K.E.D's lies, they started to build a maze. A test for the youngest generation to see if they had the immunity or the cure to the Flare. And one family, your family. Had found out the truth.

-Your pov- (around age five)

Mommy and Daddy were yelling at eachother. We were staying in our RV for a week and we had found another place to stay. But they had found a way inside,  and left our RV outside. But I listen to them argue as we walked down the big stone pathways.

"They lied to everyone Sam! This clearly isn't what we thought it was! You saw that room, full of all those kids! Sam, we can't give our daughter to them!" Mom yells at Dad.

"I know Martha, but we are sick! Who else would look after her? Even if it wasn't what we thought it was, at least she would be safer!" Dad yells back.

"Mommy, whats that?" I ask pointing to her arm.

She looks down, and hids her arm behind her back. Breathing hard.

"Nothing darling!" She says.

I nod, and look over the cliff edge. I see something climbing up, but then it falls back down.

"Sam, we won't last longer than today. We should leave her now before its to late." Mom says.

Daddy sighs and nods.

"Lets say good bye for now then we can go back to the RV. We will bring her what we have, she's a smart girl. Maybe she is Immune,but I don't want to risk it any longer. We leave her tonight." Daddy whispers.

Tears swell up in my eye's as I realise what they are talking about.

I look up at them. They look at me and Mom kneels down next ti me.

"We will be right back.  We will give you everything you need to live. Be careful, and what ever you do. Don't trust W.I.C.K.E.D."
Mom says.

I nod, and wipe my eyes. They nod and walk away.

I look back over the edge, and see a metal leg climbing up the wall. Slowly but surely, the legs start appearing. And then I see it for the first time.

And it is absolutely disgusting! But its small, and I don't think it will harm me. At least I hope not.

"Hi." I whisper as it finally stands up.

It screeches, and walks to me. It trys to climb up my leg as I sit crisscross. But it ends up toppling over, onto its side.

I giggle, and help it back up. "You may not be cute, but you are kinda funny." I say.

Mom and Dad come back in amd start grabing things. They bring in all of the can food we have, and they also bring in the small garden we were making. Mostly just nuts and barriers,  but they were alive and well.

Mom and Dad kinda ignored me, but I was to busy playing with my little crab alien. I named it Kevin.

"Honey me and your Mom need to leave you now. You know how to garden, and we taught you how to work the gun. But make sure you stay hidden and safe. And please don't look for us." Daddy said as he bent down.

I nod and hug him, giving and receiving a kiss on the cheek.

Then Mom knelt down. "We love you Sweetie. And stay safe, okay." She said as her voice cracked.

I nodded, giving her a hug and a kiss. "I will Mommy. I know Kevin will keep me safe!" I say as Kevin screeches at us as if agreeing.

Momma looks at him slightly disturbed,  but nods. "Okay, Goodbye YN. We love you!"

And they walked away. Leaving me behind with Kevin.

I look down at Kevin, only to see two crab aliens instead of one.

I frown, and pick one up. I stare at it, and then back at the one by my feet.

"Kevin?" I ask.

The one in my hand screeches. I smile and nod. Then I look at the one at my feet.

"Then I shall call you Bob!" I say.

Bob screeches back at me, and I put Kevin down.

"Now, lets go explore!" I yell.

They screech back at me, and follow me as I walk ahead. I turn a corner and then another. And then another.

"This might take a while to explore. So lets go back and get my home done, and then we can eat." They again screech, and this time lead me back to the cliff.

And thats the night I realized, that this was just the beginning.

《Okay! What did you think of that? Was it good? Bad? Okay? Leave a comment below! And any possible names are welcome! Even if they are or aren't your own name! All names are welcome, as long as they are real. And if we don't come up with a name, I will have to which is also fine. But I would like you to suggest a name that you would like the character to be called.

And next chapter will be like a big time skip,  or like a fast forward with narration and explanations of what is going on.

Hope you liked this, and remember!

W.I.C.K.E.D is Good.

Pfft, please. We all know its not! And this is a Newt X Reader story, so please comment on what could or should happen! Cause YOU are the main character!

Later ya Gladers!