Friends

-Your pov-

I walked to the Med-Jacks, and opened the door. I saw Thomas strapped to the bed, and shaking a bit. A boy walked over to Thomas and injected him with the cure.

Thomas's body relaxed, and I heard a sigh coming from the girl next to him. I walk to her and sit on the opposite side of Thomas. "So, he should get his memories back right?" I ask.

The girl's head jerks up, and she stares at me. She tightens her grip on his limp hand. "Who are you? I thought I was the only girl here."

I smiled. "I'm YN. I live inside the maze, so that's why you are the only girl here. And not everyone knew of my existence anyways." I mutter.

She looks at me confused. "But, the grievers would have killed you... wait. The Griever who attacked Chuck. You stopped it..."

I give her a sad smile. "I grew up from the age of five, inside the maze. So I had a strange imagination, and I gave them names when I met them. They became my friends, Bob still is. But they weren't all my friends, not really."

I ignore the questioning look on her face, and continue to talk. "I met Newt first, we met in secret for a while. But then got caught my Minho and Alby. Then when Chuck came along, I started to bond with him too."

I look down at Thomas, and smile. "Then he came along. Things started to change, and he ran into the maze. I'm not sure if Minho and Alby would have survived if it hadn't been for his quick thinking, and my way around the maze. But all three of them survived."

She looked at me, and glanced at her. "Why do you live in the maze? Why not stay in the Glade with everyone else?" She asked.

I sigh. "I wasn't brought here like you all were. The creator's, or
W.I.C.K.E.D don't know I'm here. They didn't bring me here. My family did, and no they didn't abandon me.... Well they kinda did, but they were dying. And they didn't want to do something they would regret."

She frown, clearly not able to understand what I mean. I smile at her. "Let's not worry about that for now. What's your name?"

She looks shocked,  but quickly smiles and puts her hand out. "I'm Teresa. The first girl of the Glade."

I smile and shake her hand. "It's nice to meet you Teresa. Now I need to ask. How does it feel to be stuck in the Glade surrounded by boys?"

She shrugs. "It's okay. I haven't been here that long for anything to happen."

I smile. "But you've been around long enough to see a Griever in person."

She smiles back and shakes her head. "Not something I wish to experience again. How can you even look at them?"

I throw my head back, laughing at her visible shiver of disgust.
"They looked a lot better when they were smaller, that's for sure! And the slim? Uggh, you don't want to touch it. Takes a while to get it off."

She laughs, and I laugh with her.

-Newt pov-

I walk into the Med-Jacks and hear YN and Teresa laughing. They stopped and looked at me, their faces red slightly from their laughter.

"Newtie! What's up?" YN asked.

Teresa looked at YN, with a brow raised and a smirk growing on her face. I look at YN and smile. "You left before I could tell you the news."

She frowns, and then realization crosses her face. She looks at me expectantly. "Minho and Thomas found the exit. We can leave as soon as Thomas is awake." I say.

She freezes, and then bolts up. A smile wide on her face, and her eyes ready to tear up. "Really? We're really leaving?"

I smile and nod. She runs at me, and I brace for the impact. Her tears drop onto my chest, soaking the shirt. I smile and kiss her head, wrapping my arms around her.