The Banishment

-Newt pov-

It was almost time for the sun to set, and that meant the doors were going to close. I walk over to Alby and see him grabbing his pole. He gives me a look, and I nod and grab my pole.

We all walk to the maze doors, with Minho bringing Ben over. He stops in front of the doors, and I see YN looking at us. Her silhouette on top of the wall.

Minho throws Ben's pack into the maze, before cutting the ropes that tied Ben together.

Ben stands up, and Everyone points their poles at him. He looks at us while walking towards us.

"Poles!" Alby says.

All of the Keepers point their poles at Ben, and start pushing forward. Ben starts walking back, and into the maze as we get closer.

"I'm sorry! I-I can get better! I swear!" Ben cries as he hears the maze doors closing.

We continue to push him into the maze, and soon he is forced into the maze. We see his face just as the doors closes. And I look at YN as the doors shut.

We put the poles against the doors, in respect for Ben.

Then we walk away.

-Thomas pov-

They start walking away, and I stare at the doors. Remembering the shadow I saw in the maze.

It didn't move, but I could tell it wasn't apart of the maze. I want to knkw what it is. And I'm going to find out, one way or another.

-Your pov-

I see the doors shut, and I see Ben screaming at the doors. I whistle loudly, and Ben turns around. Tears pouring down his face. I slip down the vines, and turn to see him walking towards me.

"Hello Ben." I say.

He stares at me, his eye's bloodshot. And the veins in his neck are visible.

"Wh-who are you?" He asks.

I smile. "I'm YN. And I've lived here my entire life. And I'm going to try and help you survive in the maze."

He stares at me and then shakes his head. "What? Ho-how is this possible? No one has survived a night in the maze! And thats because of the-"

*shriek*

I look in the direction that I heard the sound, and I see Ben's face light up in fear.

"Grievers. Ya, they don't attack me. But enough talking, follow me and start running!" I say.

I sprint off into another direction, and I hear him follow closely behind me. The shrieks of the Grievers grow closer. I turn and meet a part of the maze that's closing.

I hear Ben follow me, but I can tell he's struggling. Probably due to him being stung.

"Tell me. *Pant* The others that were stung, *Pant*  did you try to help them too?" He asks while we turn another corner.

"*Pant* Yes." I answer.

I hear him stop running, and I stop and turn around. I see him holding his knees, while breathing hard.

"And, they didn't survive.  Did they?"

I shake my head. "No. . . No they didn't." I mutter.

*Wirl Wirl Click*

I hear the sound of a Griever just behind the corner where we just came from.

"Come on Ben. We need to-"