||8 Revelation and Regret ||

***

***

A week before the wedding, the busiest one. Almost all the preparations were done which was a relief yet some were still left. Everyone was excited and it was clear on their faces.

Irfa hadn't thought about her past much for few days but then past doesn't leave anyone that easily. Sometimes she would think that what if her family was alive? How would it feel to be together? Thinking about something she sipped her coffee while sitting on the bench in the lawn.

“Hey...” she heard someone and turned back. It was khizir, with a beautiful smile.

“Hi.”she replied giving him a small smile.

“Um... can I sit here?” Khizir asked nervously.

“Yeah of course.” She replied making him sit on the bench with a distance between them.

“What do you do?” He asked. Hearing him Irfa got perplexed and led out a chuckle.

“Khizir aap itne formal kyu ho rahe hain?”(why are you being so formal)
She asked.

“Woh mujhe conversation start karni thi par samajh nahi aaya kaise karun.”(I wanted to start the conversation but I didn't know how to do it.) he said scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment making her laugh loud.

Shereyar was coming out when he heard someone laugh.

“Irfa...she is with khizir...he said he will talk to me now he is talking with her.” He mumbled to himself and went inside.

“Irfa one more thing pls don't call me aap...we are cousins and friends too”

“Jaisi aapki marzi(as you wish).” She said emphasizing 'aapki' and both chuckled.

“ Irfa can I ask you something?”

“I hope it's not quantum physics.” Irfa joked.

“What has happened in your life...actually I only heard that you are Zafi mamu's daughter.”

She turned her head forward and went silent for few moments. Her life? The one she had been living yet unknown of the purpose, her life that had given so much problem to so many people. She was emerged in her thought, and he was looking at her trying to register what was going in her mind.

“When I was born Amma died...after that baba jani was my mother and father. Bhai was also there....but as I was a bad omen dad met with an accident. He left us...alone. I only had bhai and nanu. You know what where there is a bad omen nothing good can happen. Bhai was killed by vagabonds and left me and nanu alone. We started living with mamu....he loved me very much but mami didn't accept me. I used to cry in front of nanu. She used to say...everything happens for to a reason and there is always good behind bad.