||21 Surprise or Shock?||

He had left without paying any heed to his bleeding heart. The look on his face was clearly telling about his pain yet none had any clue. The happiness around had overpowered his heart break.

“Irfa any special kind of dress do want to buy for your engagement?” Zubaida asked her. Only three days were left for the engagement ceremony. Last three days had passed in haze for them, but for him....they were the most painful and longest days.

“Anything you all like will do.”she said smiling.

“So it's final tomorrow the girls will go and find her a beautiful dress...clear.” Zubaida said and everyone agreed on it. Sana had taken the responsibility of all the things, her happiness had no bound. Shifa was as excited everyone, Saba and her phupos had the same glint in their eyes.

___________

It was almost midnight when Irfa's phone rang. The ring was shrill but the tiring day had made her sleep like crazy, finally after two or more calls she picked it up without seeing the caller I.D.

“Hello?” She said in sleepy tone that almost sounded like a question.

“Asslamoalaikum.” a deep husky voice came.

She immediately got up and looked at the clock, it was midnight...why was he calling her and that too at almost midnight. Curious and confused she replied.

“Irfa... I just want to ask a question. Are you happy with this engagement?” He asked breaking the silence of few seconds. Her eyes had widened on his question. She couldn't decipher what to say and what not.

“Shehreyar.” she whispered. It was the first time he had called her and that too to ask if she was willing to get engaged. Sensing the lack of answer from her he sighed and spoke,

''Yes or no...”

She was silent for some moments...she was happy, why wouldn't she? At least she could do this much for her family.

“Yes.” after a long pause she spoke and the next moment the call was hanged up. He had lost the only hope left, she got the one hope she never had.

Khizir's POV

I was feeling guilty, it felt like betraying him but then I was helpless. I should have told him about everything but Mamu jan had asked not to, he was right on his place. Shehreyar would definitely create a fuss.

I was walking around here and there when I saw Shifa bending down near the fridge. The day was boring and It's time for some fun.

I silently tip toed towards the kitchen.
Nearing her I shouted, and she jumped with an ear aching shriek.

“Are you out of your freaking mind Khizir?” She shouted at the top of her lungs rubbing her head where it bumped into the fridge.

She looked so funny that I couldn't stop my laugh... I kept on laughing and after sometime when I saw her she was red. All red like tomatoes but this isn't something to be blushing for,

“Khizir...” She gritted her teeth. Ok that's not blush that's anger.
I started running with a fierce little rat behind me.

“Mami bachao…”(mami help). I shouted and hid behind mami.

“Mom...get away I will kill him.” Shifa almost yelled, trying to get me from behind Mami.

“Mami please save me from this witch.” I begged.

“Stop.”

“Stop this nonsense both of you Khizir say sorry and Shifa go get ready you all have to leave for shopping...Khizir you will take them.” Mami said, she definitely looked angry.