||14 New feelings and New Decision||

Assalamoalaikum everyone. How are you all? Please vote and comment.

***

***

Shereyar's pov

Euphoria, a sense I hardly ever felt was surrounding me like cloud around sky. The smile hadn't ever lasted on my face for so long, I was smiling from last night and it's already morning...it's the longest and the reason was none by her.

For the first time in my life I was so happy...because the reason was she. Her outburst was nothing but adorable, it felt like it was the best thing I could ever witness. It's a beautiful feeling I was witnessing. It feels like everything was becoming clear, like the crystal water that falls from the sky. It was so stupid of me to be happy when she was in hurt, her sprained ankle...but then I wasn't in right mind.

Shaking my head on my own stupidity I entered the kitchen and found mom doing something. We already had breakfast and I hadn't seen her there.

“Um, mom... Where is Irfa?” I asked hesitantly, her head snapped towards me and a frown formed on her face.

“Wait what?...you are asking about her? Are you all right?” She asked touching my forehead for, I guess for checking my temperature.

“Mom! I am alright...actually I wanted to ask about her sprain.” I was feeling quite nervous, lying was never my cup of tea. I would rather be blunt than lie.

“Oh...she is in her room.she is not feeling good.” Mom replied casually, yet I could see her quizzical look. So this is why she was not on the breakfast table. It's alright, let's meet later.

The work load in the office was so much that it was getting hard to handle all those, even though I had assistance of many people. Rubbing my head to release the ache I looked up and found most of the people already in the conference room waiting for the clients.

Finally, they entered and seeing one of them made my eyes widen. He was Mr Zawaar, the one who was troubling Irfa. I could also see disbelief in Khizir's eyes. He was staring me and me him.

“Welcome Zawaar... Shehreyar meet Zawaar, one of my friend's son. We are going to collaborate with him.” What? No I can't stand him. He is so irritating, I have met with him twice or thrice and none was a pleasant meeting and after last night and didn't want to see his face.

I could feel his eyes on me, when I looked up he passed me a fake smile which I didn't return. Anyhow, we completed the meeting and unfortunately we had to collaborate with them. It's a huge deal, though he was an asshole his father's company was quite big and collaboration with them meant profit.

I hadn't ever wished to return home this badly as I did today. Finally, after long hours we returned at night. Hoping that I would see her this time, but she didn't come down again. I could feel my frustration growing so without wasting time after dinner I went to my room.

Writer's POV

Irfa had very cleverly avoided Shehreyar the whole day, her excuse was her sprain but now that her stomach grumbled she was cursing herself for skipping dinner. She had politely denied having dinner and didn't even ask as to not cause a trouble.

'Who told you not to have your dinner.' She thought and got up from the bed. Descending the stairs she was only thinking about him. What if his anger had grown? What he might be thinking of her? A girl who only blabbers.

Entering the dimly lit kitchen she sighed in relied on finding no one around, searching for something to fill her empty stomach she looked here and there. She got nothing except Nutella.

It was looking so tempting but then it was the tempt a danger shows, it was his Nutella.

His dry throat made him get up and look for water. Finding none in his room he groaned and started walking downstairs, he was about to enter the kitchen when he saw a really amusing yet shocking scene. She was eating his Nutella. He just wanted to snatch it from her but stopped after realizing that she hadn't had dinner probably.

Scooping spoon full of Nutella and applying it on toast she munched it as if it was the most delicious thing in the world. He didn't know for how long he kept staring her, his thirst long forgotten.

Suddenly he heard the clinging of spoons, and then his trance broke. She had finished her Nutella treat and was ready to go. Seeing her he hid instantly and when she went upstairs he came into the kitchen.

“What the hell...” he gasped looking at the Nutella jar. It was a new pack he got a few days ago and now only one fourth of it was remaining.

“Is she a dinosaur? She ate my whole jar.” Complaining like a child to no one he sighed and kept the almost empty jar back to its place.

Next morning after praying she silently came out of her room and headed towards Mr Ahmed's study...she knew he would be there. She calmly knocked on the door and entered after hearing a -come in.

“Assalamoalaikum baba.” she greeted him, and he motioned her to sit and replied her greeting.

“What happened beta...you are here this early?” He asked.

“I had to ask something,” She looked up to see his reaction on which he nodded, asking her to continue.

“Baba I want to do a job...” she said in a low voice.

“But why beta?…don't take me wrong…if there is any problem please tell me.” Mr Ahmed said with concern evident in his voice.

“Baba actually I get bored at home and I really want to work, Shifa too will start her university in few days and mom will be busy in her social works. Baba can I work in one of our orphanage?” She asked hesitantly.

“Orphanage?...well it's your choice but I want you to join our company.” he said making her look up. She wanted to do something that would help others and also her. And about working in their company it felt like she wasn't that capable.

“But baba I don't think I am that worthy.” She said looking down.

“You are worthy don't think low of yourself. You can join and if it doesn't suit you, then you can leave. Rest is all on you.” He said.

Thinking about his offer she found no objection in it so replied in affirmative. She hoped this would at least lessen her guilt of being a burden.

Shehreyar received the new information of Irfa's wish. His reaction was same as his father. He was hesitant,

“But dad what's the need to work... I can't understand it.” He said calmly.

“Shehry there is something called self-respect...she has it and that's why she wants to work.” She surely had self-esteem and this new side of her made his respect for her to rise more.