chapter 2

Katie sent more letters as Cherry told her about her first Wonka bar ever. Katie was the least to say surprised that her friend had never had a wonderful chocolate bar before, but glad of her experience. Cherry and Katie then decided after a course of getting to know each other, they should start visiting each other. Cherry told her parents and they accepted, Katie ran it over with her family, and they accepted, Cherry then decided she should visit Katie first since she's never left the country before.

Cherry took a plane ride all the way out of America to Britain to see Katie, filled with anticipation as she munched on yet another Wonka Bar. Cherry was very pleased to have the experience that is the Wonka chocolate bar. Cherry's parents were excited as well since their daughter made a good friend very well and they were going to visit another world. Cherry kept her picture of Katie secure so she could know who to look for in the airport. Once the plane slid down the runway, Cherry was ready to unbuckle and run out to meet her new friend she considered a big sister.

"Is that her?" Bud pointed to a red-headed woman with sunglasses.

"No." Cherry replied, looking all around.

"What about her?" Michelle pointed to a woman dressed in purple clothes. "Is that Katie?"

"No." Cherry replied, sounding annoyed.

"Which one is she?" Bud asked.

"Are we in the right place?" Michelle added.

"We should be!" Cherry groaned, gripping the picture of Katie. "She said to meet her here at 12:00!"

"I think I can help you find your friend." a delicate voice came as a shadow casted over Katie's photograph.

"Oh, thank you so much, we-" Cherry looked up to thank the woman properly, but was surprised to see it wasn't a stranger. It was Katie coming to Cherry by surprise. "Katie Kat!"

"Nee-Bear!" Katie replied, using her pet name for Cherry ever since they first started talking and pulled her into a hug. Katie smiled and looked at the parents of her pen pal. "Oh, you must be Cherry's mum and dad, huh?"

"That would be us," Michelle replied. "I'm her mother, Michelle, and this is my husband, Bud."

"Hey there." Bud waved with a barely visible smile.

"Nice to meet you guys, it'll be great to have Cherry over," Katie smiled. "Thank you so much for coming."

After the airport, Katie took Cherry and the family to her home. Bud and Michelle stayed in the guest room while Cherry stayed in Katie's room with a spare bed in the room so they could really be like sisters. It was like a dream come true. They had only known each other for a short while via internet messages and letters, but now they were in the same room with each other. They wrote stories, they shared adventures with each other, did each other's hair for sleep overs and basically had all the fun they could ever have.

The visit was only a week, but it felt a lot shorter than that. Katie also decided that Cherry needed a lot more fun than just tours and sharing customs of Britain. Katie then decided for the day before the day of leaving to go back home in the states, Katie and Cherry stayed in because of a dark and gloomy rainy day outside.

"Anything new happening today?" Cherry asked as she joined Katie to watch some television.

"Nothing I can see so far," Katie replied as she clicked through the buttons on her remote. She then stopped once she saw a news cast at the local candy shop. "I wonder what's going on?"

"Turn it up, Katie." Cherry prompted as the news story was about to begin.

Cherry and Katie watched with captivation as the news story was about four children winning golden tickets from their Wonka bars. The winners would be allowed to visit Willy Wonka himself right in Britain not too far where Katie lived. The winners so far were Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, Violet Beauregard, and Mike Teevee. Katie was interested in winning, but Cherry didn't seem to be interested.