chapter 9

"I don't understand it," Willy said as they continued the tour, much to the horror of losing three of the children and it was down to Mike and Cherry. "The children are disappearing like rabbits. Well, we still have each other." he looked at them and winked at Katie, making her blush. "Shall we press on?"

"Mr. Wonka, can we sit down a minute?" Mrs. TeeVee panted. "The pace is killing me."

"My dear lady, transportation has already arrived." Willy assured her, grabbing her hand and taking her out the door.

Cherry looked up at Katie with a teasing smile. "He's holding her hand..." she said in a sing-song tune.

"Oh, stop it!" Katie laughed, playfully shoving Cherry in the arm.

They walked into a room with a strange car. Everyone saw Oompa Loompas running here and there, filling the vehicle with soda pop.

"Behold the Wonkamobile," Willy proclaimed. "A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Places please, the dance is about to begin. Better grab a seat, they're going fast."

"Is that soda, Willy?" Katie asked as she hoisted Cherry up with Mike and his mother.

"Ginger ale, ginger pop, ginger beer, beer bubbles, bubble ade, bubble cola, double cola, double bubble burp-a-cola, and all that crazy carbonated stuff that tickles your nose," Willy explained to her. "Few people realize what tremendous power there is in one of those things."

"Nice to know you're soda popular." Katie replied, climbing into a seat next to Cherry.

"You think Slugworth would pay extra to know about this?" Mike asked.

"Just keep your eyes open and your mouth shut." Mrs. TeeVee scolded him.

"Everybody set?" Willy asked.

"I'm sure this'll go fast," Cherry said, buckling herself in. "This has more gas than the mayor my mom works with."

Katie giggled at her sense of humor.

"Now, hold on tight," Willy advised. "I'm gonna really open her up this time and see what she can do. Swifter than eagles, stronger than lions." Willy then started the car and they went going across the factory floor.

There were bubble suds coming in and out. The others seemed to be a little alarmed and panicked as they were drowned by the suds. Willy sang in German as everyone was plowed by the excessive soda fizz. Everyone cried as they were nearly drowned and suffocated. Mrs. TeeVee threatened a bill to Willy, but then they went through another machine and were squeaky clean like they just came through a car wash of some sort.

"I'm dry cleaned!" Mrs. TeeVee called.

"What was that thing?" Cherry looked back. "Looks like a car wash."

"Hsawaknow." Willy replied.

"Is that Japanese?" Mrs. TeeVee asked.

"No, that's 'Wonka Wash' spelt backwards," Willy told them as he hopped off. "That's it ladies and gentlemen, the journey is over."

"At least I don't have to shower tonight." Katie said, rubbing soap bubbles out of her ear.

"You mean that's as far as it goes?" Mrs. TeeVee asked the candy man.

"Couldn't we have walked?" Mike asked.

"If the good Lord had intended us to walk, he wouldn't have invented roller skates," Willy waved a finger as he led them elsewhere, then took out white coats with goggles. "Now, would you all put these on? We have to be very careful. There's dangerous stuff inside."