chapter 8

Everyone left the room. They were about to leave the wall that had pictures of all sorts of different fruits. Cherry was behind then, so Willy grabbed her jacket hood and pulled her back to make everyone stop in their tracks.

"Wait a minute," he said. "I must show you this. Lickable wallpaper for nursery walls. Lick an orange, it tastes like orange. Like a pineapple, it tastes like pineapple. Go ahead, try it."

Katie hummed and smiled, amused at the tool.

"I got a plum!" Mike licked the paper with delight.

"Cher Bear, this banana's fantastic!" Katie chimed as she licked a banana.

"Try some more," Willy urged. "The strawberries taste like strawberries! The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!"

"Snozzberries?" Veruca scoffed. "Who ever heard of a snozzberry?"

Willy grabbed her face. "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along."

Cherry licked a snozzberry out of curiosity. Her eyes lit up and she smacked her lips. She licked it again, then noticed she was left behind. She then quickly followed the group to catch up.

"What did it taste like, Nee-Bear?" Katie asked.

"Like a snozzberry." Cherry replied, licking her lips.

"Something very unusual in here," Willy said as they passed a room filled with soda pop bubbles. "Bubbles, bubbles, everywhere, but not a drop to drink. Yet."

"What's it making, Willy?" Katie asked.

"Fizzy lifting drinks," Willy replied. "They fill you with gas, and the gas is so terrifically lifting that it lifts you right off the ground like a balloon!"

"Oh, isn't it high?" Veruca asked, looking nervous.

"But I daren't sell it yet," Willy said. "It's still too powerful."

"Come on, let us try some!" Mike pleaded. "Please!"

"Oh, let us try some," Veruca begged. "Don't be mean!"

"No, no, no," the candy man waved his finger. "Absolutely not. There'd be children floating all over the place. Come along now, don't hang about. You're going to be wild about this next room."

Everyone then left. Cherry finally caught up and looked around. She was now alone and felt exhausted after catching up and licking snozzberry wallpaper. Cherry felt instantly thirsty and saw a soda bottle.

"This should be good energy." Cherry said to herself, drinking from the bottle. Cherry looked at it strangely and shrugged. "Meh." she then walked along to follow everyone, but then lifted off the floor!

Cherry kicked her feet in the air while she floated. She couldn't imagine what was going on, but she found it to be a little fun.

"Hey, this is kinda cool, it's like when I met Peter Pan!" Cherry giggled, then spun around and did her own private air ballet. Cherry laughed, then noticed she was going too high and was about to go into the fans. "Oh, dear! Someone help!" Cherry cried for help, and went further up as she was about to be sliced up.

Cherry cried as she was about to be killed. She was mostly worried since no one was there to save her. Katie then walked in and gasped.

"CHERRY!" Katie cried. "What're you doing up there?"

"I got thirsty and I drank that soda!" Cherry pointed to the bottle.

"Cherry, that's fizzy lifting drink, it fills you up with gas and makes you fly in the air!"