chapter 5

The Oompa Loompas came suddenly and had a song with them. Everyone watched in amusement. Cherry bobbed her head to their little song as they went on.

Oompa Loompas: Oompa Loompa Doompadee doo

I've got a perfect puzzle for you

Oompa Loompa, doompadah dee

If you are wise, you'll listen to me

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets?

Eating as much as an elephant eats?

What are you at getting terribly fat?

What do you think will come of that?

"I don't like the look of it." one of the Loompas spoke up.

Oompa Loompas: Oompa Loompa Doompadee Dah

If you're not greedy, you will go far

You will live in happiness too

Like the Oompa Loompa Doompadee do

Doompadee doo

"Not bad." Cherry smirked at them as they left.

"Hey, what kind of place are you running here anyhow, Wonka?" Mr. Beauregard demanded, feeling anxious.

Wonka thought about it, then spoke in French. Cherry tried to keep up with his sudden change in language since she was tutored French lessons back home with Maestro Forte. He spoke too quick though and she couldn't catch up.

"What's he talking about?" Mr. Salt wondered.

Willy continued to speak in French and talked about something called a Wonkatania. He then showed a boat coming along the chocolate river.

"Is that a candy boat?" Cherry wondered.

"That's quite a nice little canoe you've got there, Wonka." Mr. Salt admitted.

"All I ask is a tall ship and a star to sail her by," Willy replied, then announced to everyone. "All aboard, everybody!"

"Uh, ladies first, and that means Veruca." Mr. Salt said, going with his daughter.

"If she's a lady, I'm a Vermicious Knid." Katie joked as she joined Cherry.

Cherry moaned and turned green as she held her stomach, feeling queasy already. Ever since her adventure with the Muppets and Treasure Island, she's been having more and more trouble with boats as the years went on.

"You sure this thing'll float, Wonka?" Mr. Salt asked.

"With your buoyancy, sir, rest assured." Willy replied, casually, then took Katie's hand. "Be careful, my dear."

"She's tres joli, but is she sea worthy?" Mrs. TeeVee asked, admiring the boat.

"Nothing to worry about, my dear, lady," Willy assured her. "I take good care of my guests."

"Yeah," Mr. Beauregard scoffed. "You took real good care of that August kid over there, that's for sure."

"Everybody aboard?" Willy called to see everyone in the boat nicely, but Cherry was leaning over, looking green as the candy grass. "You're going to love this, just love it."

"Ugh, I haven't felt this ill since I was sailing for adventure with Jim Hawkins, Long John Silver, Gonzo and Rizzo." Cherry moaned.

"Aw, it'll be alright." Katie patted her back gently.

"Hey Daddy!" Veruca chirped as the boat went to set sail. "I want a boat like this! A beautiful, paddle boat, that's what I want!"

"What you need is a good spanking." Katie glowered at the brat.

"I think I'm gonna be seasick." Cherry cupped her mouth, sweating anxiously and her stomach moaning.

"Here, try one of these." Willy handed the girl a pack of rainbow candies.

"What are they?" Cherry asked, taking one with all colors from the rainbow.

"Rainbow drops," Willy replied. "Suck 'em and you can spit in seven different colors."

"Ooh, let me see." Katie reached for one while Cherry looked unsure about the drops.

"Spitting's a dirty habit." Violet said, picking her nose.

"I know a worse one." Willy glanced at her. He then smiled at Katie as he saw her having a wonderful time. He liked that Katie was selfless, though, usually helping Cherry. Willy wondered a big deal about her for the most part and wondered if he had found the girl he had been looking for. He never had met the perfect girl in all his life, but now he wondered if he did. Willy sat beside her, making her squeak. "How's Cherry?" he asked.

"Oh, she should be fine," Katie smiled sheepishly.

"Did she really go on an adventure with Long John Silver and Jim Hawkins?"

"That's what she's told me with her other friend, Peach Morrell. She showed me a scrap-book once."

"Are you having a good time in the factory so far?"

"Oh, yes, you're a great man, Mr. Wonka," Katie smiled with her eyes getting dewy. "Your wife must be happy for ya."

"Wife? Oh, no," Willy shook his head. "I don't have a wife, Katie. I never had a girlfriend or been married. That's why I mostly had this contest. But, it's a surprise and secret that I shouldn't tell you until the end."

"Oh, okay," Katie looked up to see they were about to go in a tunnel. "Oh, goodness!"

"Hang on, where are we going?" Mr. Salt called out.

"I don't know, but I don't like the looks of that tunnel up there," Mr. Beauregard panicked. "Hey Wonka, I want off!"

"'Round the world and home again, that's the sailor's way!" Willy laughed hysterically as it grew dark and creepy.

The boat ride went faster and faster. There were disturbing images shown all flashing on and off all over the walls. Everyone was panicking and felt disturbed. Katie looked a little scared and amused at the same time like visiting a haunted house ride at an amusement park. Cherry only seemed scared at the pictures of spiders.

Willy: There's no Earthly way of knowing

"He's singing..." Mr. Salt chuckled nervously.

Willy: Which direction we are going

There's no showing where we're rowing

"Rowing..." Mr. Salt echoed.

Cherry didn't feel so seasick once she heard Willy singing.

Willy: Or which way the river's flowing

Is it raining?

Is it snowing?

Is a hurricane a-blowing?

Cherry then felt awesome once Willy's singing grew demonic as the lights. He sang of pure deathly darkness and she found it mildly entertaining as everyone else seemed scared or sick.

Willy: Not a speck of light is showing

So the danger must be growing

Are the fires of Hell a glowing?

Is the grisly reaper mowing?

YES! The danger must be growing

For the rowers keep on rowing

And they're certinately not showing

Any signs that they are slowing!

Willy then screamed hysterically, making everyone else feel suddenly afraid to be anywhere near him.

"Oh, make him stop, Daddy!" Veruca moaned.

"Wonka, this has gone far enough!" Mr. Salt barked.

"Quite right, sir!" Willy agreed. "Stop the boat!"

The boat stopped and everything faded to black.