Chapter 5

Hannah's P.O.V

I went to check on Commander Mormont as soon as I got up that morning. I had to talk to him about what happened yesterday.

"Commander Mormont? Can I speak with you?" I asked.

"Of course Hannah, what's on your mind dear?"

"I just came to apologise for my behaviour yesterday, it was wrong of me to say that you weren't my father, all my life you're the only father figure I've known."

"I forgive you Hannah, besides, I should be thanking you, if it wasn't for you and Snow, I'd be dead right now."

"Don't mention it."

"By the way, that reminds me, if you happen to see Snow, could you let him know that I'd like to see him please?"

"Of course."

I left the Commander's office and went down to the dining hall to see if I could find Jon.

"Sam, have you seen Jon?" I asked.

"I think he's still in his chambers."

"Okay, thanks."

I rushed down to Jon's chambers and knocked before entering.

"Come in." Jon called.

I pushed the door open and walked in, but stopped suddenly in my tracks when I saw Jon, he was still getting dressed, I was transfixed on the sight of his bare muscular chest.

"Oh sorry Jon." I said, covering my eyes.

"It's okay Hannah, no need to cover your eyes, all the private things are covered."

I slowly lowered my hand and looked up at Jon, he had a shirt on now, so I was more comfortable.

"Um...sorry for bursting in like this Jon, but Commander Mormont wishes to speak to you in his office."

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

I quickly left Jon's room and took a moment to calm myself down, the cold air outside cooling me down nicely. Once I'd regained myself I slowly walked down to the dining hall, still thinking about what I had just seen, I felt my legs start to get weak as I approached the door.

"Morning Hannah." Said Grenn as I walked in.

"Morning Grenn."

"Have you heard about Jon?"

"What about Jon?"

"I saw Commander Mormont talking to one of the blacksmiths and he had a sword with him, the word is he's going to give this sword to Jon."

So that's what Mormont wanted to talk to Jon about. I looked around the room and I soon saw Sam sat on his own, he looked rather concerned about something.

"Are you alright Sam?" I asked.

"Not really."

"What's wrong?"

"There's nothing wrong with me as such...but...there was a raven this morning."

"What did it say?"

"Robb Stark is marching South. He's going to war with the Lannisters."

"Robb Stark? Jon's brother?"

"Yes. I'm dreading telling Jon."

I sighed. "I don't blame you. He tried to kill Thorne last time he got some bad news. Gods know what he'll be like this time."

"Well if anyone could bring him back down to earth it's you Hannah."

I was dreading the moment that Jon would come through the door, he loves his family and if he found out that his brother has gone to war, he's going to want to be there with him.