Chapter 9

Veronica's POV
3:56am

Sonia and I walked back into my room slowly shutting the door behind me. Sonia rubbed my back for comfort as I looked around my room, thinking about what the hell just happened. Now I knew I wasn't going crazy. My mom saw someone..the same girl I saw...if she died in this house why? And where In did this house did she die?

Sonia and I got into bed. I was trying to think of a way on how to fix this. I knew my dad wasn't about to leave this house already because of how hard he worked to buy this house. The same moment I shut my eyes trying to focus on sleeping but Sonia was already fast asleep...I heard it...I heard a deep voice, a man from the distance whispering. I stayed in position debating what I should do next..if i should wake Sonia or not but..I looked over at her decided that I wouldn't awake from her asleep after hay had happened to her. I got up and exited my room slowly shutting the door behind me. I knew by now maybe my brother was falling asleep and Brent was probably already asleep... and as if for my mom and dad at least trying to sleep after what happened.

I walked down the tiny short corridor from my room to the entrance of the house. I looked around but I still could hear the whispers..but the more I walked the more towards the directions of the voice. Now I could the voice clear as day...until I realized who the voice belonged to. I saw something from the corner of my eye, I looked over to see a shadow pass by quick by the window..the light on the porch was on. I stepped outside leaving the door open, spinning around being cautious of my surroundings until I stopped dead in my tracks and saw someone down the pavement driveway. I looked ahead and saw what I wish I could unsee. I saw my father..covered in blood, he was shaking, trembling that it made me heart sink..I could feel myself shake and tremble as I could feel my eyes tear up.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry Mija..I'm so so sorry" he said as he was crying, walking faster towards me. I began backing away still keeping my eyes locked on him. I knew this wasn't my dad I just knew it. I ran back to my porch making it so close to the front door when it slammed right in my face. I tried twisted the door knob both ways but it wouldn't budge. I began banging in the door crying for someone to open the door. I twisted the knob once again as I fell on the floor on the other side of the door shutting it not thinking twice about locking it. I cowered up to the door bringing my knees to my chest as I began crying.

"Vero?!" I heard as I looked up to see my brother who hurried out of his room

"What? Did you not hear me screaming like a mad woman?!? Fuck Zander I could've fucking died" I said giving him a death glare, getting up pushing passed him

"I woke up to only hear you crying and shutting the door Veronica" he said bending down to make eye contact with me

"What happened??" He asked looking concerned

"I heard something, someone.." I said looking up letting the tears fall

"Who?" He asked looking confused

I looked at him debating whether I should tell him I saw my dad..our own father. I knew how he felt about my dad being gone. He hated talking about it, he always preferred looking at pictures of him instead.

"Veronica..what'd you see?" He asked again

"I saw dad..I-I saw him" I said looking away

"Quit!... fucking around" he said as he up pacing around now

"Zander.. I'm serious I saw him with my own eyes... I knew it wasn't him but..but he was covered in blood crying, saying sorry for god knows what.." I said as I looked down running my hands through my hair

"What if he didn't get killed?" Zander questioned

"What?"

"What if..he didn't get killed? What if the bloody shoe prints were him?...what if he wanted you to find him like that?...what if he was saying sorry to because of what he did?" My brother said as he sat on the couch looking at the floor

"Are you insane?! Dad wasn't suicidal!!... he never showed any sign of it"

"IT DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT ..." he stood yelling in my face..he backed away shaking his head then looking at me rubbing his eyes "Doesn't work like that.. you could look as happy as dad and feel like shit on the inside and maybe that's what dad felt as to why you came home and found him like...that" he said as he began shedding a tear

"Zander dad wasn't like th-

" I don't need to talk about this with you" He said as he was about to walk away

"You don't think it hurts me?... dads gone.. it..it hurts everyday"

"Oh yeah?! He was the only man I could look up to..yeah now he's gone" he said as he looked at me one more time and walked off into his slamming the door causing me to flinch. I walked over to the couch sitting dish running my hands through my hair. I didn't feel like going back to my room crying to wake Sonia.