Chapter 13

Sonia's POV

  I could hear the guys doing their best to fight off this man. The same guy that chased me through the woods that night. Out of all the houses he came directly to this one, but why? I sat still in the corner of the bathroom with knees to chest. I was sweating, every part of me was trembling with fear. I did my best to keep my breathe low and not breathing so loud but everything went silent. I covered my mouth and shut my eyes as I sat in the bathtub with the curtain shut. I slowly got up resting my hands against the walls. I got out from the tub as I put my hand on the knob. This could go both ways..I live or I die. I slowly opened the door as I peeked through the crack and saw Zander and Brent on the floor lying down..I saw their stomachs rising up and down and I shut my eyes and smiled as I let out a silent sigh of relief.

Brent has two huge bruises on his face, one by his eye and one on his cheek that his face was covered in blood stains from his previous injury. Zander had a few cuts and a bruise on his cheek. I wanted to wake them up but I didn't want to make a sound in case the man was somewhere in the house. I stepped out of the room. I looked both ways. I walked down the short corridor when I saw the man standing in the living room holding the same knife. I didn't make a sound and he didn't hear me. I stepped back but the floor made a creaking sound. I cringed and shut my eyes tight. I saw him turn his head in my direction to face me. I didn't want to face him but we just stood there looking at each other.

"Get out of this house" he said in a low deep voice

I knew him..I knew who he was..I remember him now. He was that boy from the Smith family that went missing when he was just ten years old. It's been thirteen years since then, he looked so damaged. I knew it was him. He's almost Brent's age..at least twenty five. His face was dirty, cuts and his eyes were bloodshot red as if he stopped getting sleep or just always getting high off whatever drug he could get his hands on he was thinner but somehow managed to take down Brent and Zander.

"Did you think you could get away from her?" He asked

"W-what are you talking about?" I asked as I could hear the fear in my voice. I was trembling, legs shaking that I could fall even though my leg couldn't handle much right now

"You know..get out..get your friend out of the basement before she comes" he said

"How..did you hide the bodies?" I asked. If he knew where Veronica's at then he must know where the bodies are at

"Bodies? What bodies?" He asked. I could feel myself backing away

"So it wasn't you.." I said as I trailed off

"What bodies" he said

"My friend..she saw this girl.." I said as I couldn't think of how to describe what Veronica has told me before

"Her...I know who...your friend..she's not crazy" he said as he looked down to floor and looked up at me again "she..she wants whoever comes here to live..to die..vanish...she did it..to this family" he said as he looked around the house

"Why'd you try to hurt me?" I asked as I slowly began to take Brent's knife out from my back pocket

"Your hair is a bright brown..I almost thought you were her..." he said as he stroked my hair

"Where have you been all these years.. Brandon? Why didn't you come back when you had the chance?" I asked. I wanted to know, his family. A few months later after he went missing they came to terms that the worse had happened to him and moved out. Never looking back. They left some of their stuff and never came back for them.

Brandon looked at me with surprise in his eyes as if he never heard anyone call him by his real name. "Out there...I was walking..I was always the one to walk out of the house to take a walk in the night..then I saw her..Jacey, Jacey Clark was her name..I thought it was a homeless woman but..no she chased and chased me, something hit me and I never knew what it was until I woke up, somewhere. I didn't know where I was..I knew I was underneath..few years went by and I eventually left from under there and found out this family moved in...I have no intention of killing them but they need to get out..at the two ones that are left" he said referring to Zander and Veronica

"What the hell was that?" I asked in disbelief as I pointed back to where Brent and Zander were probably still passed out

"If I can't get you guys to leave for your one safely then I'll do it the hard way" he said

It wasn't until he was about to take out his weapon when he fell to the ground. I stumbled back and gasped as I looked up to see Brent holding a medal stick in his hands. Brent bent down to Brandon and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and punched him out cold. I was grabbed from behind to see Zander as he hugged me for comfort. I never in my life felt so safe like I did now. Brent picked up the medal object and leaned it against the wall as we looked at each other and at the basement door. It wasn't until I felt a swift motion tug me to the side. I opened my eyes to see Zander still holding me looking around. I looked up to see that the spear object had been struck in the wall.

Everything happened so fast the lights began to flicker as objects started flying everywhere, glass breaking. I was screaming, Zander helped me up off the floor and moved as fast as we could. We stood in front of the cellar door as Zander twisted the knob side to side and jiggling it hard enough. It felt like strong wind were in here. We heard what sounded like an ear piercing scream almost damaging our ears. Until we heard the sound of safety and I never felt so much happier in my life.

                                  Veronica's POV 

   I Jolted up from the ground, my entire body was hurting..aching everywhere like crazy, I slowly sat up looking worked and realized I was in the cellar now. At first I had no idea how I even ended up down here but everything came to mind quickly. I was being dragged by something and I don't know what. I remember seeing a glimpse of my brother screaming, Brent being hit in the face by something and Sonia being pushed or thrown, it was all a blur considering that everything in that moment happened so fast. I looked around..everything was so dark, so cold. I slowly got up due to the amount of pain my body was in until I felt onto the floor as I whimpered in pain. I had broken my ankle.

I sighed in frustration as stood up once again grabbed ahold of something this time. I limped in the dark grabbing a hold of the walls and now as I stood at the bottom of the stairs with the dim light at the top barley moving but I could see it just a bit. I crawled up the stairs to make it easier in case I fell down the wooden stairs. I crawled up to the door as I twisted the knob but wouldn't open. I sighed in frustration as I didn't know what to do now, I pounded on the door yelling for anyone to open the door. It wasn't until I heard it. I heard something probably too over and fall from down in the darkness. I slowly turn my head and then my body but not all the way to look from the corner of my eye, I heard shuffling and scraping from down here.

I could feel my eyes water, I could feel my heart pound a thousands times a beat. I could feel myself shake. I hated that feeling it was scary. The light bulb blew out tiny pieces of glass flying everywhere, I turned my head away as I shut my eyes and whimpered of fear. I pressed up my body against the door hoping my brother or someone would swing the door open and pull me up. I turned around to face the darkness but it was all I could see now. I was panting while holding onto the door knob. Then I looked ahead of me or so I thought. I saw a face appear from the darkness.. tiny white eyes no pupils, painfully wide smile, sharp white teeth..face bleeding but still naturally red..the face got closer and closer. I saw it's fingers come out from the darkness pointing right at me as it's finger poked my chest and the last it said was something that will forever stick with me and haunt me.

"I'm...your..friend" it said in the deepest voice you can imagine, he was now laughing at me. In that same moment I realized I saw the..the devil..to him I was The Devils friend. I saw the devil with my own eyes. That's when I lost it and screamed with my eyes shut tight. I turned around not caring about the pain my ankle and pounded on the door with both hands now. Screaming and crying for someone to get me out of here.

"ZANDER!!!! HELP ME!!!" I yelled out

It felt like an eternity after pounding on the door with my eyes shut, I was so afraid to open them until I felt the cold air and door swung open and someone's pulled me out that I finally opened my eyes to see my brother holding me in his arms.