Chapter Two: Vlad's plan(Part Two)

A/N: Hey, I'm back! So this is the second and last part of the story! Hope you enjoy :)

Warning: Longer than the last chapter, sorry!

Disclaimer: I do not own Danny Phantom. I simply only own the plots.

~~~

The moment Danny left Vlad's office, his friends quickly scurried after him, ready to throw all sorts of questions at him. But before they could utter a word, Danny held his right hand up, signalling them not to say anything at the moment.

His friends were confused at first, and when they noticed the weird expression their friend was wearing, their worry increased. They were afraid something... bad had happened between the two halfas. Sure Danny was already nervous before they talked with Vlad, but now he looked perplexed, his mind off and thinking about something. The look on his face wasn't relaxing one bit.

Sam and Tucker reminded themselves to ask him about the events after school so that the boy had time to think. They knew Danny wouldn't say anything if they asked him now so they left it for later. Danny liked to think on things alone and make a decision before asking other people for their opinion.

When the trio finally arrived at school, they realized they were seven minutes late, and they all shared the same class this period. Having them walk in together would be too suspicious so Danny told his friends to go, informing them he needed to go to the washroom. That was only partly a lie. He needed to wash his hands from the meal they just ate in the specter speeder, considering jam did stick together.

The real reason he decided to take a bathroom break was to clear his brain off of things. Like what had happened between him and Vlad, only twenty-five minutes ago. Danny didn't know why he was feeling worried or why he tensed every time he remembered Vlad's words. So what if everybody knew his secret? Wouldn't that be a good thing? Wouldn't people like him more knowing their hero was also a human, like them? Knowing a fourteen-year-old teenage boy was protecting their town day and night? Shouldn't he feel... good?

...

Danny wasn't so sure of himself now. Somehow, the older halfa's sick messages managed to stick themselves in his head, not wanting to come out. Danny was now irritated, ready to take out his anger on the first ghost that showed up, especially the box ghost. He wanted nothing more than to go back to the man's house and blast him a shot or two to let out the worry inside of him. He was really tired of letting Vlad mess with his brain. He knew Vlad was saying all of those things just to threaten him and get him on his side. He couldn't fall for this. He wouldn't fall for this, like every other scheme Vlad managed to plan. It wasn't any different now, so why did he feel so hopeless this time?

But Danny knew that somewhere near those lines, lies the truth. He knew the guys in white wouldn't stop till they hunted down the ghost and took him in for questioning and experiments. He knew that even if he was a hero, the guys in white would try to find a way to pin something ghostly on him and have the whole town turn on him.

He also knew his parents hated ghosts with all their might. They even wanted to uphold the family tradition to their kids, meaning Danny had to hunt himself down. But would they seriously hate him? When they find out, would they embrace him or rip him apart molecule by molecule? Or was that too much thinking?

Danny didn't want to admit that Vlad was right. He just couldn't, meaning, he didn't want Vlad to win this time. He can't just go, believing every word his arch-enemy said. Vlad wanted nothing more than for him to be his evil apprentice. To be his perfect half-ghost son. It was just one of those manipulative schemes.