Chapter Five: Half a Reveal

A/N: Hey everybody! So I'm currently working on the other fanfiction book and when it's ready, I'll make sure to inform you guys! Other than that, happy reading! By the way, I'm sorry for the very late update, history is a horrible subject and I'll leave it at that lmao. One final exam (and project) to go and I'll be free starting August!

Disclaimer: I do not own Danny Phantom, I simply only own the plots.

[[[ [[[ [[[

"And so for our next exam, all you'll have to do is read a passage out of our Shakespeare lesson unit and answer some questions related to it..." Mr. Lancer carefully explained, going up to the chalkboard and writing some important stuff for the students to write down in their notebooks.

It was almost exam week, the one taking place after winter break and Danny wasn't doing so bad, but not great either. He still had to fight the occasional ghosts whilst doing his homework and coming up with excuses to his parents and teachers. They thought he lived a second life, which wasn't entirely false. It was more like 'afterlife'.

Skulker still hadn't stopped hunting him down, seeing that he was still a 'worthy prey'. His parents never wasted the chance to chase after him either, the latest using another failed invention. Danny didn't know whether to be relieved or upset; though that didn't mean he couldn't use their inventions differently to hunt ghosts.

Danny let out a sigh and thumped his head on the desk. It reminded him of one of those vines he watched yesterday but that didn't make him feel any better. Instead, he decided to catch up on the sleep he missed last night. Apparently, Skulker didn't have a bedtime. Did his parents ever teach him that sleep was important? Oh wait, did he even have parents?

While Danny tried to sleep using the swarming thoughts in his head, ignoring the fact that he was supposed to take notes for his upcoming class, he felt a sudden sting to the right of his neck. He touched his neck in reaction, rubbing the pain. Before he could come up with the conclusion that maybe Vlad's vampire effect was responsible, he heard snickering a few desks behind him.

He turned to face Dash who was at his right, two seats behind him, grinning like a psycho killer in one of those old horror movies. What was it called again? It was called 'The Shining', right? He rolled his eyes at the childish act but said nothing nevertheless, not wanting to cause more problems than he could handle. Obsessive ghosts were already enough. Instead, he stayed put and tried to focus on what Mr. Lancer was talking about.

Danny felt another tick at the same time and slapped his neck again, rubbing the same spot. When he pulled away, he found there was another beige rubber band. He turned behind his seat again to catch Dash high fiving his friend Kwan to which he glared at. Those two seriously never wasted the chance to annoy him. Weren't they supposed to be taking notes?

The two jocks paid no attention to Danny's angry glowing eyes and instead continued to snicker. Danny saw no use in trying to stop them, so instead, he groaned and let his head rest on the desk again. He really couldn't wait till winter break. Of course, summer vacation was way better, but it was currently winter which meant they weren't that close to freedom yet.

Five minutes hadn't passed yet when he heard an interrupting voice. So much for catching on sleep.

"Mr. Fenton. I would really appreciate it if you didn't sleep in my class, especially if I'm giving the class some important notes to write," the voice stated in front of Danny's desk as the boy quickly lifted his head up. He sat frozen for a bit before blinking and seeming more alert, he turned to face an angry-looking teacher.

"I uh-I had a headache?" Danny replied back, not paying attention to his snickering classmates. Smooth Fenton.

"Yes, I can see. Now please open your binder and write the notes I wrote down on the board. That is, unless you can't see either?" Mr. Lancer said, raising an eyebrow as Danny blushed in embarrassment and shook his head, not wanting to meet the eyes of his classmates. He couldn't believe what he was doing. He fought ghosts on a daily basis and had no trouble beating them up with his sarcastic wits, but when a teacher humiliates him in front of his classmates, he can't say anything to defend himself?