CHAPTER NINE!

A/N: Hey guys!! I know I haven't been online for a long time, and I still didn't update my other fanfic I've been working on for months, sorry! Things have been pretty hectic these past few weeks due to the virus but thankfully, I'm well and so is my family :) I hope you guys are doing great too and I recommend you guys continue to stay home and eat healthy to boost your immune system!

It can be stressful staying at home for too long. I, personally, don't go out a lot (bc I basically have no social life whatsoever) But for those who aren't used to staying home for so long, stay strong! I know it can be difficult but your safety is top priority and until doctors find some form of cure, take care of yourselves. 

By the way, I just started online schooling this Monday and it's not bad actually. (Edit: *a year later* This aged badly)

I also have a surprise (as said in the title). New chapter! I know I said I won't be updating this book, but I just had this nagging feeling to add one more chapter to this book. Plus, hopefully, this could make you guys feel better in such a stressful month :')

Without further ado, I present to you, Reality Trip Aftermath! (Fun fact, this episode is one of my favourites ;)

Summary: After Danny saves his parents and his friends' parents by Freak-show, he's greeted by love and worry. He decides to not erase their memory and destroys the gauntlet.

Name of Chapter: Post-Reality Trip Reveal

Disclaimer: I do not own Danny Phantom. 

[[[ [[[ [[[

Danny got up and slipped on the gauntlet, raising his hand so that it was facing towards the disaster that unfolded minutes earlier. The device did its job and changed the world back to its original state, removing unnecessary damage. 

He sighed of relief and slowly descended to the ground, changing back to his human half. He smiled upon greeting the normalcy he was used to. The sun was shining again, flowers blooming and the buildings back to their complete form. Freakshow really was creative when it came to decorating the entire planet!

'Well, that takes care of it,' Danny thought to himself in glee, completely forgetting that there was one more problem that needed to be fixed. 

"Danny!" he heard his father yell from behind as he internally cringed, temporarily forgetting that his parents were still there. Oh, how was he supposed to explain to them now?

"Young man," he turned around and gulped when he saw both of his parents approaching him, wearing unimpressed expressions. Danny knew he would have to confront them sooner or later, but he had really hoped for the latter. He was exhausted from the trip and he knew his friends were too. They hadn't gotten proper sleep for days now and Danny was close to collapsing, especially after Freakshow had thrown him off during the scuffle. His whole body was aching!

"I'm... I'm sorry," Danny finally said, letting out a sigh as he prepared to receive a long lecture. Or maybe a ghost net thrown at him! He wasn't even sure if his parents accepted him yet, and after this whole trip incident, he knew that it must've complicated things further.

But Danny was not expecting what happened next. His father engulfed him in a tight hug, almost crushing his upper body as he struggled to breathe. He didn't think his ribs would last another minute! But despite the discomfort, the emotion swirling in his eyes at the moment was disbelief. Why was he hugging him? Weren't they mad? Weren't they going to dissect him now?

His father finally let go of him and with a large smile, beamed at the confused boy in front of him. "We're very proud of you, son."

But before the hybrid could respond to his father's surprising and sincere words, he was attacked by another hug, one less tight than before.