Chapter Eight: Micro-Management (Alternative Ending)

A/N: I had to re-watch that episode so that everything makes sense. Edit: I had to re-watch the whole show to check if I'm still in character. Anyways, thanks for all the nice comments, it really does make my day!! And if you have any ideas of possible reveals that you would like to see, I'd gladly make a chapter for it :) You can message me about it here or on AO3 (or just comment about it here)

1.8k?! Unbelievable!! I really wasn't expecting it to grow so fast, I mostly wrote this book because I wasn't satisfied with 'Phantom Planet'. But now that people seem interested in it, I'm putting higher expectations for the chapters!! And I know some are looking forward to the 'Reality Trip' aftermath.

Oh, and I'm sorry again for the late update. I just started tenth grade, and they suddenly decide to give us homework on the first day. Good thing I'm not bad at math!! (Edit: I'm terrible actually.)

Disclaimer: I do not own Danny Phantom, I simply only own the plot :)

[[[ [[[ [[[

(Reminder: Until I specify, the first part is completely from the show and I only added a bit of detail to make it more interesting. I'll add a point to where my writing starts.)

"How many costume changes are you going to go through? What is this, Vegas?" the blonde jock asked with a raised eyebrow. He didn't know why the ghostboy kept on changing his outfit every second. First, it was his shoes, then his pants, and now it was his t-shirt? He was sensing something very strange about the hybrid's behavior, but he just couldn't figure out what.

But before the other boy could reply to the remark, Skulker flew right past them, aiming his weapon at the two teenage boys. He wore an angry expression and instantly blasted the two rockets. Fortunately, the two boys quickly moved out of the way, and the rockets made their way down the stairs.

Dash and Danny quickly climbed up the stair steps in their tiny forms, not caring anymore about how terribly exhausted they were. It was either run or be hunted. And neither seemed fond of being Skuler's wall ornament. 

The ghosthunter turned around in surprise but quickly regained his composure and began firing more rockets at the boys. The two quickly ran into a room and using all the strength they had left, pushed the door shut. Skulker tried to enter but it was too late and the door was already locked. He also knew he couldn't use his ghost abilities to phase through it so he decided to come up with a better plan.

"Very well!" The ghost hunter said as he flew down the stairs and outside, deciding to attack from the other side. He didn't know that there was also a red-eyed rat watching from behind...

Meanwhile, the two teens ran into the room and onto the window steel.

"Hurry! Out the window and onto the OP center," Danny quickly said as he nervously looked behind him, searching for any signs of Skulker. Dash obeyed and started climbing the rope attached to the top. Danny was about to go right after him but looked around, his guts telling him that something was not right.

"Skulker's not coming after us..." he said and then immediately frowned, realization hitting him. "Unless he's coming around from the back!"

Just as he said that, Skulker zoomed right around the house, getting closer. The half-ghost looked around the room, hoping to find something to distract the enemy. His eyes fell on a bag of opened chips and grinned. He started to pull the heavy bag until he reached the edge of the window.

"Hey Skulker!" The boy yelled with a slight giggle. "Still think your abilities beat mine?"

When the flying ghost was close enough, the boy pushed the bag, chips falling to the ground and landing on Skulker. The ghost predator stopped in alarm but it was too late. They had already made their way on him and crashed onto his equipment, no longer having control of his metallic wings.