Chapter Seven: Sleeping Dart

A/N: Another update? How come? Well...

1. Summer break is almost over and I want to update as much as I can since I haven't been productive this summer tsk tsk.

2. It's my birthday today!! :) I wanna feel accomplished lmao. Anyways, enjoy this chapter that I'm not completely satisfied with!

Disclaimer: I do not own Danny Phantom, I simply only own the plots.

[[[ [[[ [[[

Danny lay on his bed tiredly late at night, different thoughts running through his head. He was absolutely exhausted, especially after fighting over twenty-six ghosts yesterday, and fourteen today. He so badly wanted to dive into a deep slumber, but sleep just wouldn't come.

He decided to go to sleep early today, at 8 pm. But instead, he spent two whole hours rolling around in bed and just feeling overall jittery. He didn't know what, but he had a gut feeling that today wasn't going to end as quickly as it usually did.

He tried everything; he drank two cups of warm milk, counted fifty sheep, stayed still in one position for ten minutes and even read an astronomic encyclopedia. But nothing seemed to work. It's as if his body was tired, but his brain didn't share the same view. He wondered why he couldn't stay awake like this during Mr. Lancer's class. The boy chuckled, already knowing the answer. Might as well bring his teacher here and ramble about some story to help him fall asleep easily.

Danny then decided to get up after the clock struck 11 o'clock. There was no use in staying in bed if he wasn't going to sleep. He slipped into his bunny slippers and quietly opened the door before walking downstairs.

He knew his parents were probably busy in the lab, inventing who knows what. It seemed really important... but Danny wasn't too interested. He'll ask his dad about it tomorrow morning, that is, if he got any sleep.

However, his parents decided to take a break and give Jazz a goodbye. Today, she was going to a sleepover with her friends although Danny knew it wouldn't be any normal sleepover. From what she had explained to them, it was going to be a study night with some snacks and nerd talk.

'Pretty boring if you ask me,' Danny thought to himself. 'Who would go visit their friends just to study?'

But of course, this was Jazz he was talking about.

"So how long are you going to stay there for?" Danny asked as he entered the kitchen where Jazz was holding onto her suitcase and talking to her parents.

"Two days, don't miss me too much," she said, smirking as their mother chuckled and kissed her daughter on the head.

"Okay sweetie, see you on Sunday. Good night," she said before leaving the kitchen.

"I'm glad I'll be free of your psychology talk this weekend," he teased with a grin as his sister rolled her eyes.

"Oh don't worry, I'll be back soon. But in the meantime, don't get into serious trouble, hmm?" she warned, her eyebrows raised as the boy nodded with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"You sound as if I'm going to blow the house up. I'll be careful Jazz, jeez you worry too much," he joked as his sister laughed, shaking her head.

"I don't know... but please do take care of yourself," she said seriously as she walked out the kitchen door, giving a short wave.

Danny sighed as he watched his sister leave from behind the window. The wind was pretty strong today and there were rustled leaves everywhere in the garden. For some reason, that bothered him. He didn't know why but he just wasn't a fan of autumn. Maybe because school started around that time, or maybe because it reminded him that winter was coming soon. Either way, he didn't really care right now. What he really wanted to do was just sleep.