32: The End Part 2

Draco sighed deeply, squaring his shoulders as he said a silent prayer. Then he cast the spell. His wand jolted but he kept it steady, the Fiendfyre hitting the ring perfectly. 1. The engagement ring screamed and hissed. Fire poured from his wand, his hands getting burns from licks of fire that strayed. 2.

The Slytherin flinched but held true as the ring melted, black ash flying from it. He had done it. He had destroyed the Horcrux. 3. He stopped the spell but the fire continued to pour into their old potion room. 4. He knew this room would be destroyed but that was okay, it didn't matter now. 5. He coughed on the smokey air. 

Fire licked at his ankles, he hissed in pain but when for the handle. 6. It was too hot to touch. His hand burned from the hot metal. 6. He used his jumper and tried again. 7. Finally, the door pried open, the soles of his shoes were soft from the fire now. 8. He ran out from the burning room, to see her standing there. 9. He shut the door behind him. 10. 

Hermione launched herself onto him, her arms going around his neck as he coughed from the smoke. "Gods I hate you for that." She sniffled, burying her face into his neck. 

"I love you too." He coughed again. 

The girl pulled back to look at him, "it's done?" She asked, her eyes hopeful. 

He nodded in confirmation and hugged her again, sighing deeply as his adrenaline calmed down a bit. Though he knew it wasn't over yet. They sprung apart as they heard it. BOOM. Hermione ran to the nearest window, but she saw nothing from that direction. 

"Down here." Draco told her, "we need to get to the others to help." She grabbed his hand and they began running for the Great Hall, knowing it had just begun. 

-*-

BOOM

Harry and Ginny turned to see the wards breaking. Bellatrix was still withering on the ground in pain when one of the other Death Eaters found a spell to break through. Harry looked to Ginny and kissed her once, "let's end this." 

Ginny smiled before turning to Ron and nodding to him. Ron just looked at her before the trio, accompanied by about 25 others headed out into the Courtyard. Spells of every color flew towards them as the Death Eater appeared in clouds of black smoke, one by one. 

Harry felt the memories of less than a year ago flow into his mind as he cast spell after spell. The yells and explosions. The crashes and cries. The whooshes of spells being heard everywhere you turn. He just prayed they all made it out alive. 

He turned when he heard Ginny scream. She was on the ground, her wand a few feet away. Harry flung a spell at the Death Eater above her, sending him to the ground. Adrenaline. Focus. Aim. Breathe. Don't die. 

-*-

Hermione pulled Draco around another corner. They were nearly to the main stairs, just a little further. The blonde felt the fear flow back into him and dreaded the feeling, but that fear was nothing compared to what happened next. 

Crack

The duo turned to see her. 

Bellatrix stood a few feet ahead of them.

"My dear Nephew. Whatever happened to family first, hm?" She sneered. 

Draco shot a spell but she deflected it easily. "Fear numbs accuracy." She said scoldingly. Another spell. Dodged. She cackled at that. 

"Give up Bella, haven't you had enough? You lost your own sister because of it!" Draco snapped, his hand clasping onto Hermione's. 

"That was not my fault!" She yelled angrily. "I had nothing to do with Sissy's Death!" Hermione used the distraction to fire, catching her in the shoulder. But she disappeared instantly.