The Funeral

Jake and Charles were in shaws bar, placing snacks and beverages out. They booked their favourite bar to have Amy's funeral.

Amy's funeral. It was weird for jake to think that. His best friend was gone. Ended her life, and he wasn't there to help.

Was anyone?

"Jake, Don't you think everything's moving too fast?" Boyle asked

"why did she do it" jake mumbled, ignoring his question. His mind was too busy drowning for questions.

"Jake,What are you talking about?"

"Why Charles!? Why weren't we there for her!! Why wasn't I!!?" He then yellled, grabbing his shirt.

His face went red and eyes balling with tears. Charles took his hands gently, makinf him let go and lead him to one of the booths, sitting across from him.

"Jakey, we did the best we can"

"No we didn't."

"We did. If we didn't care, would we be doing this right now? would you really be grieving this hard?" He looked at jake, hard "We were always there for her. But this time, She slipped under our fingers. But there was nothing we could do. I miss her too jake" Charles voice started to stutter. "But we got to keep our head up high, and make her proud. Okay?"

Jake nodded. But kept his head down low.

"Now let's get this set up"

Both friends got up and arranged the drinks. Everything was ready. Except everyones emotions. Jake knew it was going to be difficult to get through, but it was better to get through it with friends.

Fifteen minutes later. Everyone arrived, of course Kevin and holt we the first ones. They were always punctual, then Terry came along with his wife and a bottle of red wine. Gina and rosa came along together with a bunch of flowers and then followed everyone who knew Amy. The room was dull. So dull, it reminded him of the colour grey. Everyone was here. Depressed.

Untill the worst part jake was dredging. Amys parents.

He never met them before, but he sure knew they were going through it rough. He sat there on the stool watching very closely at the entrance. Fingers twiddling. Nerves shaking. Finally her dad came through, he had dark circles under his eyes and his face looked drained.

Jake got up and was nervously walking up to him.

"Hello Mr Santiago" he said sorrowfully, sticking his hand out to do a friendly hand shake. Victor shook his hand back firmly. But didn't respond with a hello.

"My wife didn't want to attend. She said this was moving too fast, which I do agree on." he finally spoke, eyes glossy.

"Yes, That is understandable... But my best friend called this. She didn't want to greive anymore, dredding day by day for them to find your daughter, And then have the Funeral."

Victor just nodded. Silent tears slipped down his face, he then placed his head down. Hiding his emotions.

"What's your name, kid? " he then said. Raising his head and whipping the stains of his tears.

"Sorry, I never introduced myself. I'm Jake. Jake peralta"

"You? You are jake!?"

"Yes..." he said, sounding timid and confused as he saw the man infront growing with anger.

"You are the man who let my baby girl go!? You BASTARD!"

He then charged at jake and diving onto him,making him falling on the floor. Terry got up and pulled him off jake as charels also lifted his best friend off the floor. Victor still continued to scream.