Chapter 12

The next couple of weeks had flown by and it was the best couple of weeks of my life. Leo and I kept seeing each other and he kept treating me like an absolute princess. There was no drama at school with anyone, and the girls and I were still as close as ever. Life was working in my favor and I was enjoying every second of it.

This weekend was the launch of my mom's new clothing line and things had been busy around the house as she's been preparing for the fashion show. I was helping her out as well by being her unofficial assistant and creating some designs the past couple of weeks. This was also the weekend that Leo was going out of town, so I wanted to meet him at the airport to wish him safe travels.

I arrived at the airport and I was escorted by some of the workers to a more private area of the airport where the private jets were held. Of course, Leo would be using the private jet he was gifted from his father. I walked into the waiting lounge, past the guards that were outside the door and I automatically saw Leo sitting down.

I walked over to him with the biggest smile on my face. He noticed me almost immediately and his face went from completely emotionless to holding the biggest smirk ever.

I quickly jumped into his arms and he held me tightly. I was going to miss him, but I knew that he would be back in no time.

We soon pulled away and I felt my smile beginning to fall while tears filled in my eyes.

"Hey hey hey, what's wrong sweetheart?" he asked me wiping the tears from under my eyes away.

I sniffled, "I'm just going to miss you. How long will you be gone for?"

His smile didn't reach his eyes, "I'll be back before you know it."

Great, that meant that he had no idea when he would be back home.

"Why do you have to go to Italy anyway?" I asked him with a pout on my lips.

He sighed, "My father wants me to take care of the problems that are happening over there. All part of the training I suppose."

I smiled at him, "Well, make sure you do it quickly that way you can come back to me quickly."

"Will do il mio amore," he said pressing a soft kiss to my lips. It only lasted a second before I pulled away, remembering the present I had in my purse for him.

"Before I forget, I have something I want to give you," I told him reaching into my purse and taking out the book I had brought for him, "Remember when you told me you had never read The Great Gatsby? Well, I just thought that maybe if you had some free time on the plane than you could read it or something. It's my copy so there are little notes I made in there if that's okay. I totally understand if you don't want to read it-"

I was cut off from my rambling with his finger against my lips, "Aria, sweetheart, I love this. I can't believe that you even remembered that conversation from so long ago. That means the world to me, you don't understand."

I smiled at him and pecked his lips, "I'm glad you like it."

"I actually got you something as well," he told me before reaching into his pant pocket and pulling out a long jewelry box.

"This necklace has been worn in my family for generations. My grandfather told me to give it to the girl that I knew I would want to be with for the rest of my life. This necklace I give to you as a promise. A promise of a future between the two of us," he confessed to me, opening the lid of the black box to reveal the most beautiful necklace I had ever seen.

It was on a gold chain with a ruby diamond in the center with an 'M' carved into the middle of the diamond.

"Oh Leo it's beautiful, I don't know what to say," I said breathlessly. This man practically just admitted to wanting to spend the rest of his life with me. I like Leo, a lot, and maybe I was even beginning to fall for him, but I didn't know what the future looked like. We're too young to determine anything that serious.