Chapter 19

I admired my dress from the bag, too intimidated to actually take it out and wear it. It was by far the most beautiful dress I had ever had the privilege of wearing. The dress had a high neck and long sleeves, and fit tight like a glove. There was a beautiful gold design all over the dress on top of the black fabric that reminded me much of the prints seen throughout The Great Gatsby. The bottom of the dress by the knees flared out, and the back was open in a large oval. This was the dress of my dreams.

I unzipped the bag the dress came in and carefully slid the dress off of the hanger. I was left only in my underwear, deciding against a bra because I didn't want to ruin the open back of the dress. I stepped into the dress, sliding my arms into the sleeves, automatically feeling it cling to my skin. I did the little buttons on my neck, to secure the top of the dress, and I realized I looked damn good.

I wasn't one to be extremely insecure about my body, but there were days that I wished I could've had smaller thighs or a flatter stomach. However, this dress made me forget those insecurities and I embraced the body that I was given.

I took a couple of minutes admiring myself in the large mirror in the bathroom, before spritzing some of my favorite Marc Jacobs perfume and walking back into the bedroom. Leo was tying his bow tie in the mirror next to the closet before his eyes wandered over to where I was standing behind him. He turned around, coming to face me.

"So what do you think?" I asked him, giving a twirl so he could see the full thing.

He was quiet for a couple of seconds, and I was afraid that he hated the dress until he murmured a quiet, "Holy shit."

My smile widened and he walked closer to me, grabbing my hands, "I am at a loss for words, you are the most gorgeous woman my eyes have ever had the privilege of seeing. I don't know what to say, words can't even begin to describe how incredible you look right now. I am beyond blessed," he said breathlessly.

I felt my face grow hot before his hands grabbed my face, careful of the makeup and hair, "If only you knew the things you do to me, Aria." He smashed his lips against mine and I didn't even care about the lipstick that was surely bound to get a little messed up before I kissed him back. I kept my hands around his neck, not wanting to ruin his slicked back hair.

I pulled back from him, laughing slightly when I noticed that Leo had glossy pink lipstick now covering his lips. I used my thumbs to wipe it off. "I'm glad you like the dress," I told him.

"Oh, it's now one of my favorites," he said, giving me one last peck on the lips before moving back to finish tying the bow tie.

I smiled, moving over to the mirror and wiping some of the lipstick off that had made its way around my lips before applying a new layer of lipstick and gloss on top. I went over to the bed where my shoes were. They were black with a thicker heel and were much more comfortable than I was anticipating. I did the straps quickly before standing up.

I decided that I wanted to give Leo my gift before we actually went down to the party. I wanted this moment to be shared between the two of us, much like when he gave me the necklace, which was tucked safely under my dress tonight.

I walked over to my bag, grabbing the Cartier box that I hid in it, before moving back over to the bed and taking a seat. Leo was now putting on cologne so I decided to wait until he was done with that before calling him over. I admired how good he looked in his all-black tux, with the little gold, silk handkerchief sticking out from breast pocket. His loafers also had gold accenting on them, allowing our outfits to balance each other out nicely.

Leo turned towards me, "Are you ready to go?"

"Actually I wanted to give you something before we went down. Come sit," I patted the spot on the bed next to me, motioning him over.