Chapter 18

The day of the party had arrived and I had just gotten back to my house from picking up Leo's gift. I had to grab my dress and makeup for the party and then run over to Leo's to get ready. He hired a makeup and hair person for me which was unnecessary, but nonetheless, I was excited to get glammed up.

Walking into the house literally took my breath away. Leo had decided on the theme being 'A Night at Gatsby's with a Hollywood twist', which I absolutely loved and agreed to immediately. Leo wanted to dress as Gatbsy while I was his Daisy, minus all of the murder and betrayal at the end of the book and the whole 20's flapper idea.

His huge living room was covered in white fabric draped on the ceilings and walls to create a tent-like feel. There was a huge chandelier in the middle of the ceiling, with gold and black glitter everywhere. Tables were set up for dinner, and there was a dance floor to the side of them with a stage. The Moretti's definitely knew how to throw a party.

I saw Leo towards the kitchen, barking out orders, so I decided to go up to him. I laid my hand on his shoulder, "The party looks so amazing already."

He turned around to greet me, "I'm so glad you're here sweetheart, I was beginning to lose my mind." He sighed before giving me a peck and motioning one of his workers over to where we were standing, "Take her dress and bags up to my room."

The worker nodded before quickly grabbing the things from my arms. "Thank you," I called after the worker. I turned back to Leo, "Okay, you gotta stop stressing out, everything looks amazing."

"I'm not stressing, I just need everything to look perfect. There are some very important people coming over tonight and I need everything to go as planned," he rambled on.

"What do you mean? Who is coming over?" I asked him.

He hesitated, "Just some important people."

"Tell me," I ordered with my eyes narrowed.

"Remember that favor you owed me? When you lost at the ice rink?" he asked me.

"From a million years ago? Yeah I remember," I said not really sure where this was headed.

"Well, I'm cashing it in now, so I can't tell you," he told me.

I narrowed my eyes at him again, "Hmm fine, but you just gave up that favor for something stupid."

"I don't think so," he murmured more to himself than me. He gave me a tight smile and kissed my cheek, before grabbing my hand and leading me towards the kitchen. He sat us down at the table, "Now we're going to eat because I am very hungry and stressed."

I laughed slightly, as he motioned some of his workers to set out some food for us. However, I still couldn't figure out what Leo was hiding from me. I know that he cashed in that favor from the bet and technically he wasn't obligated to tell me anything, but my mind doesn't always think logically and I was still going to figure out what Leo wasn't telling me by the end of the night.

The meal wasn't that enjoyable considering that every five minutes Leo was yelling at one of the workers. Every time I scolded him for it, he completely ignored me and continued yelling. This was a completely different side of Leo; the one where he acts like a brat.

He had just finished yelling at a worker, who was near tears, and once she walked away I pinched Leo's arm.

"Why did you do that?" He asked me confused.

"Because bridezilla, you need to cool it with the temper. You've yelled at pretty much everyone here," I scolded him, "Now I am going to go shower because there are 4 hours left until the party and I need to start getting ready."