Prologue - The Waiter.

First chapter, let's gooo!🤸🏼

*****

Anaika

I was dressed beautifully in a saree by the help of my mother. I looked myself at the mirror and I only saw a woman who's not ready to love in her life.

When will I be ready? No one knows, so do I.

"You look wonderful, my darling." My mother cooes as she kissed my forehead. She must be that happy since her lips reaching each side of her ears and that is why I'm doing this. To see my parents happy.

Actually, I won't say I'm not willing to love. I have fair share of dreams for a big family, lots of children running all around the corner of the house. But in order to have such happiness, you must have a loving partner. A loyal and caring once as well for a husband, who will accept me just the way I am.

People would say that I'm gifted in my living right now. Being the one and only daughter from the wealthiest and respectful family lineage, I'm always cherished by the humans around me. Or perhaps otherwise, that goes behind my back. As one of it will be the rumours and speculations of the final lineage from this powerful family, became a woman. Not even a glowing beauty with a splendid form of complexion but just the opposite.

Which is myself, a 27 year old who's still yet to be married or breezed by any men's possible attention. I don't need to say why when everyone gets to see it everyday and it can't be covered, especially when it's the first thing every men will be fantasizing about.

My body.

"Let's go, dear. We have been here for so long and we don't want your father to embarrass us by running out of words, would we?" She chuckles and that made me to smile as well. We walked out of my room and went down the stairs, my house crowded today with many relatives and friends.

Though I caught some unfamiliar faces which might be them. My first suitor with his family to visit us. Just by getting close to them, I could feel my heart thumping loudly. I'm being nervous, this is my first time having a suitor over after all those rejections over my appearance.

I just wish this man is prepared to get to know my inside more than my outside. I took in a silent breath and focused my eyes on them.

Suddenly I light gasped by a pair of eyes which faintly clouded my mind since two weeks ago. Even though it wasn't that clear day by day, I would recognize that particular eyes anytime.

A sincere connection in a flick of second, although it didn't last long on our first meeting.

"Oh, dear....you look magnificent." A lady among them which I assumed to be my future mother in law said as she gave me a hug.

I am highly intuitive and a great observant as well, especially since I started to take care of my family business several years ago by meeting so many different human beings. So let me be clear, I can roughly sense their mind and physical languages.

To be honest, this woman is pretending her smile and her hug few seconds ago only showed her unwillingness.

Going back to the man who still has his eyes on me, I couldn't break contact. I begin my wavering on him and I sucked in a breath at his mind-blowing form.

"He looks too good for her." I heard my cousins sisters whispering behind on my right and I knew I wasn't the only one being effected by this man's beauty. Yet, they were right, he looks too good for me.