Chapter 11 - The Haunting Scar.

Aditya

Being a father has never crossed my mind. Especially when I had zero percent of experience in that particular topic. My father and I are doing good in our relationship now but I couldn't forget about our horrible past. He was always weak and quiet, particularly in front of Rathi, my stepmother. The one thing I learned from his fatherhood is that to be blinded and unspoken. So was always afraid to be one of my own because I don't want to be like him.

Hearing whatever I heard from my wife saying, I couldn't but to imagine just like how she painted my mind with our home full of our babies. For once, all I felt was serene instead of fear. It came out to be such a great wish indeed and this is the least I could do for my wife. I was sure after then that I'm ready for her, I'm ready to be a father. If we are going to be having a big family, then we should start anything by now.

I kissed her on the lips. Slow and tender at first yet it went ferocious when I grabbed her by the inside of her thigh to pull her on top of me. She sat right on place, turning me on by seconds. I couldn't stop myself from kissing her lips, then going down her smooth skin, finally ending on the swell of her neck where I could succumb to her sweet vanilla smell.

My hands were no longer listening to me when it went for an exploration on every nook and crook of her body. It's delectable and squishy at the same time. She moaned, a weird sensation shoots within me and I felt her hands lingering over my chest, begging to get inside my shirt to feel my skin. I let her this time and I felt her unbuttoning my shirt, slowly one by one as she slanted over my face to kiss my lips and hovered downwards.

Just when she was close on undressing me, I suddenly had a flash of scene from my past. My flaws and imperfections that I hated to see through my mirror.

"I'm sorry, mother. Please.....I'm b-begging you."

"Mother? Who's your mother? Your ungratefulness should be paid a lesson. Come here, you little son of a bi-" I couldn't hear her because the sudden feeling on my chest shut all my senses down.

"Ahh!" I shouted in unbearable pain.

"Aditya?" I was wide awake from one of the terrible nightmare, the one that begin all the painfulness.

I abruptly took her hands to stop and I gently pushed her away. She dropped to the former side of her bed and I sat up, preparing to leave the bed while buttoning up my shirt.

"I-I think....it's better to go to sleep, Anaika. G-Good night." I left the room immediately as soon as I put on my sandals.

I knew what I did was wrong. I just led her on and quit everything halfway. We had that temptation, the willingness to unite our love tonight. But I had to ruin it. My stupid past had to haunt me down with the scars on the very center of my body. I choked on my breath for a minute, all the agonizing pain rushing in like a tornado.

"Please.....don't." The continuous horrific visions.

"I'm begging you, please let me go."

"Aughhhh!" Followed by my loud piercing scream.

A sudden thunderous strike and I was out of the eerie catastrophes. The weather were at it's worst and it was clouded with darkness everywhere with upcoming heavy pounding of rain drops. Flashes by flashes of lightnings hit the ground like there's no tomorrow and rapidly my mind froze.

"Anaika."

I looked around and I was faraway from our hotel. What have I done? She must be crying in fear by now, how can I just walk out on her like this? I cursed at myself and didn't waste a second before sprinting towards her. I was fully soaked with the heavy rain hammering over my body but I cared less because I had to be with my wife.

How dare I let my past to haunt me like this? Until I could forget my circumstances. I'm not alone anymore, to fear and let this nightmares to come for me. I have a wife, waiting for my love, my care and affection. She let go everything just to give me a meaning in my life and what have I done to her? I not only let this darkness consume me but also her. I left her alone because of my stupid past and I regret every second of it.

The moment I reached the hotel, the management didn't let me use the elevator and so I rushed throughout the stairs to the twelfth floor like I had no time to breath. I need to see her, I need to hold her and assure her that it's all right.

By the time I was at the door, all I heard was quiet prayers followed by silent wailings. She was covered like a cocoon on the bed with nothing on to close the coldness. The balcony was opened and the bristles of rain was already coming in. I made a quick move to shut down any source that triggers the thunderstorm and slipped out of my shirt to join her. My bare cold body met with hers and our heat mingled up to warm each other.

"You're safe now. I'm here, my miracle. I love you." I conveyed sweet words to keep her contented and she instantly relaxed. I took the comforter and wrapped us with it to resist the coldness. I kissed her head several times while rocking our body side to side, she nuzzled so close onto me and her body less tensed.

I felt something soft, scribbling over my chest skin and when I moved away she raised herself up with her fingers lightly hovering over my scar. I expected a memorandum of detestation, revulsion that would kill me alive but all I got was her eyes getting teary than it already does. Her face showing such concern, compassion that those eyes held for me. The love that navigates my heart with the neverending beats.

"This is.....why." She mumbled, looking down at my chest again where her finger took a soft caress.

"This is why." I understood what she meant so I admitted, clasping over her hands under mine while delicately taking them to my lips.

She cried before hugging me tightly, her loud sobs were clear and I tried to affirm her.

"I'm fine, my love. Please don't cry, I promise that I'm fine." I held her afar and took her hands to touch it but she couldn't take it. Her overpowering emotions kept on showcasing my pain behind these scars.

"It's okay. It really doesn't hurt me anymore. It's just a scar." I made her to look at me while whispering so but it went in vain.

*****

The weather calmed down and so do my wife, I finally managed to convince her that I'm totally fine. The scar was no longer giving me the pain, I reassured her once awhile and we managed to cuddle up to have a good night sleep.

I woke up before her and walked into the bathroom to freshen up, from what that made me to I see my reflections since years ago. My front was messed up with stitches and burning marks, a very painful ones that even got me near deathbed but I lived. Back then I used to scold the God, of why He had to keep me alive but I never knew that it's for the woman on the same mirror's reflection. Enveloped in the white comforters with her hair flowing loosely, just like an angel sleeping on my bed.

Something got me very clear yesterday, I had to get over my past and first of all I had to overcome the scar that it made. For the sake of having a wonderful life with my wife, I had to do this. I don't know why there's always a lingering image in my head of me and her, sitting in the middle with running toddlers and babies around. I had to make that happen. I promised to be great husband, now I also need to make sure to be a great father for as many babies as she wanted.

I love her. It's that simple and not even my past could deny that.

"Adi?" I heard her mumbling and I jogged to the bed. I kissed her head before letting her know about getting ready for the breakfast. She nodded as she waits for me to go into the shower and next comes her turn.

I was out by the time she left the bathroom to avoid any temptation because man, she always looks good at her after-bath appearance. I'm going to do it with my wife but I wanted it to be perfect so I arranged something for her on her birthday surprise party tonight. Yes, today was the eve and this is the real reason why I had to take along all her family members because I want her to feel at home at the party. I had been preparing for this for few days now and I hope it goes well today.