Chapter 16 - The Two Lines.

Anaika

"Adi, I have something to tell you." I told him as soon as we entered our house. If he looked happy then, now he seemed worried of what might come from me.

"It's....nothing to be worried." I went to him, cupping his face in assurance. He leaned into my hands sweetly.

"Are you okay?" His whisper was so low that if I stepped a few centimeters back, I would not be hearing anything. He's afraid, I can see that in his eyes.

Dang it, I think I made him assume things with my quiet and unreadable reaction.

"I'm totally fine, Adi. It's just....I need to tell you something."

"Tell me then." He mumbled, waiting patiently for my reply.

"I might be....pregnant."

He froze for a second before his lips broke into a wide smile and he engulfed me into his arms, picking me off the ground to celebrate.

"Wait, Aditya!" I shrieked, getting shock because of his action.

He put me down right then. "I'm so sorry, love. The baby's fine right? Does that hurt the baby? I didn't realize-" He rambled in anxiety of hurting me or the baby so I placed my fingers over his mouth.

"Calm down, okay? I'm fine. The thing is, I might.....be pregnant. Which means I might also not be pregnant. It's unconfirmed yet." I let him know and his face fell, before rising up to pull me closer.

"So the first thing tomorrow, we are going to the doctor. Or better, I will run to the pharmacy real quick to get the kit? We will see the results ourselves right now and here?" He suggested, bubbling in excitement.

Hmm, why don't that cross my mind?

"Okay, let's do it." I accepted but was scared as well. I am excitement for us to be parents but what if it's a false results or even worse, I am actually not pregnant? He got so excited just as much as I do, so the impact will be on both of us.

He kissed my lips before waving me goodbye to leave to the pharmacy and I also told him to buy some extras to be so sure of it. He nodded with a smile and left.

What if I'm not pregnant? But his grandmother was very sure that I am. Can that be wrong? But I didn't get any symptoms. How would Aditya take this if I'm not? I should have make this a surprise for him but I couldn't contain this within myself. If there's one person who I couldn't keep up my thought or secrets, is my husband. So, dang it!

Few minutes later, I heard him coming in with the pregnancy kits and he accompany me to the washroom. I went in and did as per written on the note. I put the kit on top of the sink counter and placed it aside to check the result. It was to be shown in minutes but I was too nervous and flew right away. When I came out, he was standing right where I left him and he vibrated with eagerness. Patiently waiting for me to spill.

"I....I haven't checked yet. I'm too nervous, Adi! What if....I'm not?" I reflected my emotions. Maybe a common inferiority from every woman who's trying to have kids.

He cupped my cheeks softly. "So what if we're not? That would be completely fine, love. We would try again and again but don't put yourself down on our first attempt." He kissed my forehead and hugged me. "Whatever the result might be, our love wouldn't go any less."

I nuzzled into him while nodding slowly and I pulled away to ask him, "Would you come with me to check?" He never waited a second before saying a wild yes and I giggled before letting us in.

We were closer to the counter and I halted on my steps to be snuggled into my husband's chest. He placed an arm around my waist and I looked at the kits.