Chapter 2 - A Miracle.

Anaika

"I'm here to meet Mr Khanna. I called you few minutes ago before reaching, right?" I told the receptionist on the front desk.

"Oh yes, ma'am. Give me a moment, I will let him know about your arrival." I nodded and waited for him to show up.

I got his number from my father and called him right up. I convinced him for a lunch but I never tell him why. My parents on first was stunned by my weird questions on their family but they knew I have my reasons which they value everytime.

Just few minutes later, I saw him coming out of the elevator and I greeted him. We went to the nearby restaurant and I was yet more eager on my questions than the amazing foods on the menu.

"Mr Khanna, I'm sorry that-"

"Uncle, ma. No need to put such formalities." He smiled lightly.

"Uncle Khanna, first of all thanks for your time. Even though it's a last minute call from me, you still agreed for the meeting today." I let him know about my gratitude.

"It's okay. I don't mind at all. By the way, I really owe you an apology for what my son did. But please don't hate him, he's a poor soul who doesn't meant any harm. It's just....." He paused himself, sighing in the process of reminiscing his son.

"Uncle, the reason why I wanted to meet you today is him. I can't sleep peacefully last night and I felt like I did something wrong." I said and he instantly corrects me.

"No, dear. You did nothing wrong. You are one bold and strong girl. You stand up for yourself, for your life. It was never your fault, please don't think like that. It's my son's dreadful fate that he had to live with such life." He said sadly.

"What happened, uncle? I'm here right now with you is because of this. I want to know what happened to him. Why does he have to go through this?" He got stunned of my questions.

"No one had taken interest on knowing about him." He mumbled under his breath and it was clear enough for me to understand.

"Then I don't mind being the first to get to know him. I can go and meet him myself but....I don't know how to face him after what happened yesterday." I told him with my eyes bowed thinking over the embarrassment he had.

"He's my one and only with my first wife. She died few weeks after giving birth to him. I was devastated at the passing of my dear woman and was all alone with a new born baby. I had no relatives or friends who were ready to help me. It was just my wife and after she left me, I couldn't go on with life. I was that close on taking our lives to join her in heavens and that when my boss, showed up. He encouraged me higher positions and raised my living with my son, but on one condition, I should marry his pregnant daughter." He narrated and took a second of break before continuing.

"I married her for the sake of a good living. I wanted to give the best life for my son and right after the child was born, she became monstrous. We were never in peace and she threaten me all my life with my son on hand. Our life became miserable and my son.....he had the worst. But I failed him as a father, in thought of giving him a great life, I took it all away by marrying that money-monster. I am still a hand-tied coward who couldn't stand up for my son's or my own. My gratefulness for her father never gave me courage to leave her and that rotted my son's life." He slowed his voice and I could feel him breaking down.

I comforted him and asked him of how his overgrown son is still under her control. "He never had that good lucks in his life, ma. He never has a chance to live have a life and even though if he does, it will be taken away. Your proposal was the last bit of hope for a bright future on him, but he had to ruin it. He thought that lying would save you from our miserable family."