CHAPTER 32 - start and end

"She'll be okay won't she?" My eyes droopily open and a blurry version of a stone room comes to sight.

"Yes she'll be perfectly fine, see she's coming around. I'll leave you to it"
"Okay thank you" I recognize that voice anywhere.
"Eric?" My voice is quite, small.
"Hey your awake" he seems relieved.
"Where am I?" Everything is blurry and I can't quite make out my surroundings.
"The infirmary. You had to get your stomach pumped. We both fell asleep down by the chasm and when I tried to wake you you wouldn't. I got so scared" he spits all of his words out in one sentence.

"Now that you mention it, I do have a banging headache" I try to make light of the situation, but in reality I feel guilty. Guilty for the stress that I caused all because I got drunk.
"I didn't tell four, or anyone I didn't think you'd want them to know"
I take Eric's hand in mine as he sits in the chair beside me.
"Thank you, your the best"
"I'm really sorry Alex. For letting you leave the hall. I shouldn't have went after Adam but he made me so angry.... I should've followed you out."
"Hey, it wasn't your fault. It was Adams" I look at him with a warm smile.
"I have to take some responsibility. I get mad sometimes but I should be able to handle it better"
"We all have flaws Eric, it's just how you are. Now stop being such a little sulky bitch and help me up" I reach out my hand as he pulls me up to a sitting position. He leans in and plants a gentle kiss against my lips. When we pull away I go to stand up.

"Woah back tiger, your not going anywhere until the nurse comes back" I roll my eyes.

+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+

"I don't see why we had to stay an extra two hours just for that fucking nurse to say I could leave" I bicker as we walk out the doors of the infirmary.
"I wanted to be sure" just as we are leaving I hear my name being called quietly from behind. I turn around to see Adam sitting on a bed. Rage builds up inside of me as I grip Eric's hand.

"What?"
"Why are you here?" He asks. His eyes are swollen, one purple. His lip is busted up and his hair tangled. He looks weak, from the beating. I should be feeling pity but I feel nothing at all. Only that he deserved it.
"None of your concern" Eric reminds us of his presence and I don't add anything to it.
"I'm so sorry Alex. I know I shouldn't have said what I said last night." Before I can speak he continues.
"But I don't regret it"
"Fine. Look as far as I'm concerned no bad blood. You stay out of my way and I stay out of yours" I don't even look him in the eyes when I say this.
"I didn't want this. Please"
"No Adam, that's it" with that I storm out of the infirmary dragging Eric by the hand.

"Feel better now?" Eric raises his brow and I just sigh.
"I don't even know I'm not talking anymore about it"
"You did the right thing"
"You sound like my brother"
"Would your brother do this" he aggressively grabs me by the waist and presses me up against the wall of an empty corridor. He kisses me, more aggressively then ever before. His hands roam desperately around my body.

We pull apart and I wish we hadn't, that was amazing.
"No, he wouldn't that would be pretty weird" I say between gasps for air. He just chuckles and puts his hand out and wraps it around me as we continue to walk down the hallway.

"Are you hungry?"
"Not really, I'll have something later" I reply honestly. If I was to eat right now I wouldn't be able to keep it down.
"I know your probably tired, but I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere"
"Is that even a question? I'd prefer do anything than rest more" Eric laughs at my response before leading me out of the compound and towards the tracks.

After he lifts me into the train, only because I'm injured, we sit inside.
It's silent until I speak.
"Are we any closer to finding proof on who pushed Harry?"
"I've checked all the tapes, not a thing. Funny, not even him jumping but there is no footage missing. So it's been edited"
"Well who could have edited it?" I raise a brow.
"In dauntless we don't have the equipment to hack into the cameras, only erudite do"
"I knew it was her, I fucking knew it"
"Look we will have a formal meeting with four tomorrow. Is there anyone else you want at it. Anyone you 100% trust" I think long and hard about this.

"Jane and Jack, you should bring Carlyle" I obviously don't want to bring Adam and Danny is just to close with him I don't think he could keep it from him.
"Okay we will meet tomorrow in the afternoon. But for now I have someone I want you to meet"
We arrive at the erudite sector and I tense up at the thought that we are here, within walking distance of the killer of my best friend.
"Okay"

+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+•+

We arrive outside a chestnut door as Eric hits his knuckles against it nervously, causing a light to turn on in the hallway.
He swallows roughly before turning to me. I don't know what's going on but I just give him a reassuring smile and squeeze his hand tightly.

Light spreads across our face as the door opens. Standing before me is a Middle Aged woman, probably late 40's. Her brunette hair is swept up in a bun. Her eyes widen in shock as she looks into Eric's eyes.

"Eric?"
"Hello mom"