The Bloody Message

Chapter 13: The Bloody Message

"Where do you think you're going, Flint?" I heard Oliver Wood asked

"Quidditch practice." Flint replied.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver said.

"Easy, Wood. I got a note." He said, handing the note to Oliver.

"Oh no. I smell trouble." Ron said.

We nodded then stand beside the Slytherin team.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice to be going to the need to their new seeker. You got a new seeker. Who?" Oliver asked.

Then Draco stepped forward.

"Malfoy?" Harry said, amused.

"That's right," Draco said. "That's not all that's new this year." He presented their new Nimbus 2001s.

We all stared at it in shock.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s How did you get those?" Ron asked.

"A gift from Draco's father." Flint said.

"You see, Weasley. Unlike some, my father can afford the best." Draco said.

I glared at Draco.

"At least no one in the Gryffindor had to buy their way in, they got in on pure talent." Hermione said.

Draco walked in front of her. "No one ask for your opinion, you filthy little mudblood." Draco spat.

"That's enough, Draco!" I said angrily.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy," Ron pulled out his wand then pointed it at Draco. "Eat slugs!"

"Ron, your wand!" His wand backfired then Ron fell.

Draco laughed. I turned to him. "That is not funny at all!" I said then ran to Ron.

"You okay, Ron?" I asked.

"Say something!" Hermione said.

Ron didn't answer then spit out some slugs.

Then I heard a camera click. "Wow! Can you turn him around, Harry?" Colin asked.

"No, Colin! Get out of the way!" Harry said.

"Let's take him to Hagrid's," I said then Ron threw up more slugs. "He'll know what to do."

———

We all stared at the bloody message on the wall.

"Enemies of the heir beware?" Draco read then looked at Hermione. "You'll be next, mudbloods."

We glared at him. I can't believe him!

"What's goin' on 'ere?" Filch said. "Make way! Make way!" Filch said then stared at a petrified Mrs. Norris. Filch's cat.

He turned to Harry. "You murdered my cat."

"No-" Harry shook his head. Draco smirked.

"I'll kill you," Filch said then grabbed Harry's collar. "I'll kill you!"

"Argus!" The voice of Professor Dumbledore called.

"Argus-" Professor Dumbledore, along with the other teachers froze as they read the message.

"Everyone will proceed to the dormitories immediately, except for you four." Dumbledore said, pointing at us.

Everyone started to proceed. "Ravenclaws this way!" The Ravenclaw prefect said.

"She's not dead, Argus. She has been petrified."

"Ah! Thought so, so unluck I wasn't there. I know exactly the counter curse that could've spared her." The annoying voice of Gilderoy said.

"Well how she's petrified, I cannot say."
Professor Dumbledore said.

"Ask him," Filch said. "They very much done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall!"

"Professor, I swear. I didn't do anything to Mrs. Norris." Harry said.

———

"I can't believe you're still hanging out with a mudblood." Draco said as I enter our room.

"Don't call her that!" I said.

"It's the truth," he said. "Why hang out with Potter, mudblood and blood traitor, when you have us! Powerful and rich pure blood Slytherins."

"That's all you care! Their blood status! I hang out with them because they're good! Unlike you guys, you and your friends are bullies." I said then sighed.

"I can't take it anymore. I'm not sleeping with you." I said then ran out of the Slytherin common room.

I saw Hermione telling the password.
"Hermione? What are you doing here?" I asked.

She quickly hid something in her hand. "I could ask you the same."

"I don't want to deal with Dra—Malfoy right now." I said.

She grabbed my arm then led me inside the Gryffindor common room. "You can sleep with me. Do some researches about the Chamber of Secrets or something." She said.

"I would love that!"