Remembering Cedric (End of Fourth Year)

Chapter 43: Remembering Cedric (End of Fourth Year)

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was- as you all know- exceptionally hardworking, infinitely fair- minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce, friend. Now, I think, therefore, you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered...by Lord Voldemort!" Dumbledore slightly raised his voice.

I looked down, feeling tears welling up.

Draco rubbed my back, making me look up at him with a small smile.

"The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you, but not do do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me and all us that while we may come from different place and speak in different tongues...our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that, and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain. You remember that, and we'll celebrate a boy who is kind and honest, and brave and true right to the very end."

———

"Harry?" I called.

He turned. "Y/N...umm...hey."

"Hi," I said. "I'm just here to say that I'm glad you're back alright. Some students started a rumour that it wasn't Voldemort who killed Cedric..."

"They do?" He asked. "But you do believe me, right?"

"Of course." I said.

"I heard about your parents. I'm sorry." He said.

"You don't have to be. It's alright. Painful, but I'll do my best to stay strong." I said with a smile.

"Oh, there you are! The both of you." Ron said then grinned at Harry.

Harry quickly looked away.

Hermione chuckled. "Quite an odd year at Hogwarts, don't you think?"

"Yeah. Dragons and all."

I sighed. "Everything's gonna change now, is it?"

Harry looked at me then held my shoulder.

"Yes." He said then gave me a small smile.

I smiled back then turned to the three.

"Promise you'll write to me? The three of you?"

Hermione hugged me. "Of course, dear. I'll miss you most!"

"I'll miss her first, Hermione!" Ron said.

"I believe Harry's gonna miss her most. Right, Harry?" Ron said then chuckled.

"Now now, leave poor Harry alone." I said then laughed.

"Yeah. What she said." Harry said.

"Y/N!" I heard Draco called.

"Coming!" I yelled.

Hermione smiled. "Before you go, let's have a group hug!"

We all hugged each other then laughed after.

"I'll miss you guys so much." I said.

"We'll miss you more!" She said then waved.

I waved then went to Draco.

"Hey," he said.

"Hello Draco." I greeted.

"About what happened a few days ago, I'm just wondering where you'll stay until fifth year starts." He said.

"I didn't think about that," I said. "But I can't go home. Just not right now."

He nodded. "I understand." Then his eyes lit up. "Wait, you can stay at the Malfoy Manor with me. Mother and Father will be pleased."

"Do you think so?" I asked.

"I know so," he said.

I smiled then hugged him. "Thank you, Draco.
I'm so happy to have you."

I love him.

Draco's POV

I'm utterly in love with her.

OMG. I can't believe Fourth Year ended. That's just...quick.
Thank you, my readers, for voting and commenting☺️
I love you all!
-Nicole:)